Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Jon- Was the salesman Scott Trexler?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
HB162 - your losing and from the looks of winni.com suddenly theres a lot of talk about a compromise - save it.
Its funny how when a decision appears that it will it be made based on facts and not rhetoric suddenly theres a willingness to compromise. How sweet. Its not over but appears heading in our favor.

The next time your at the bingo parlor and it appears your losing ask for a compromise - "can't we all win?" Loser.

I love the excuse that those in favor didn't show up because they have real jobs - thats a hoot!
CMG

You comments are WAY off the mark. Go back and read my posts, I have been talking compromise all along. Go back and read some winni.com posts. There is a large group of us that think speed limits are a good idea but thought 45/25 everywhere in the state was to much.

Last summer there was a move by a member of the RR&D committee to change to 60/30. I supported that but the opposition said no, No, NO!

It is the OPPOSITION that has blocked all attempts at a compromise. And if you continue to do it you just might end up with 45/25 everywhere.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Audio, I also talked to Trexlers at the show. I was very surprised to hear Scott the owner say he was in favor. I worked at that marina for seven years and the owners live three doors down from me at the lake. When Scott was younger we would steal every fast boat that got delivered to the marina and take it for a blast. I remember hanging over the back of some boats holding the exhaust closed so we didn't wake up his parents. He loved speed as did his brothers. I guess he as aged. He said he will just start selling more larger Chris Crafts, but at $300,000 he should reconsider changing his mind.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

His clientele is probably for it as is his mom.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HB162
CMG

You comments are WAY off the mark. Go back and read my posts, I have been talking compromise all along. Go back and read some winni.com posts. There is a large group of us that think speed limits are a good idea but thought 45/25 everywhere in the state was to much.

Last summer there was a move by a member of the RR&D committee to change to 60/30. I supported that but the opposition said no, No, NO!

It is the OPPOSITION that has blocked all attempts at a compromise. And if you continue to do it you just might end up with 45/25 everywhere.
In all fairness both sides refused to compromise.

Jon
Old 02-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HB162

You are correct that the problem is really only on weekends. I would have been OK with a weekend only speed limit. I also would have supported an exception for the broads. And I though 60 mph was a more fair number. But what your friends here are not telling you is that they said NO, NO, NO, to all these ideas. They thought they couldn't loose so they would not even listen to the compromises that were offered. It was "NO LIMITS", now its to late, the bill has passes the house and the Senate is getting ready to vote on it.
CMG

The quote above comes from a post HB162 made on Feb 6. The thread was moved to the bilge for a reason I can't understand.

We should be fair and realize that many supporters have been trying to compromise.

This "we are on top now so we will not compromise" attitude is not the best answer. I doubt the NH legislature will shoot down this bill entirely, its popular with the majority of voters. Even if voters don't understand the issues, they know how to vote out reps that go against what they want.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:40 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no compromise - we have no wake zones. 150ft rule. max decibel allowance. safe boater certificates. they are all working. the senate now knows that. the winnifabs know it and are afraid if they do not get some type of restriction now they never will with the drastic reduction of accidents over past several years. I'm 40 years old - go raise your kids to be safe responsibe boaters and leave me alone.

Last edited by CMG; 02-26-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CMG

The next time your at the bingo parlor and it appears your losing ask for a compromise - "can't we all win?" Loser.
CMG

I came here like a gentleman to congratulate the opposition on a job well done. You use this as a chance to call me a loser.

If HB162 passes as 45/25 everywhere it will be shame. I will fell sorry for all the responsible boaters that will be effected. This includes myself since I own a SeaDoo that goes 70 mph. But I only drive it to bingo with the other losers.

I will however, not feel sorry for you, I will blame you for the stupidity of it all.

I assume you don't know who I really am and that your "go raise your kids" comment was inadvertent. If you do know who I am then go to hell!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:59 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I learned this trick of picking posts from winni.com -

You came here as a gentleman? when the house voted in favor of the bill your response was
" "

and others

HB162
I just emailed all the Senators in NH with a link to this thread. I'm sure they will be impressed!

If our side had lost, or does lose in the Senate, you would/will not see us doing the crybaby routine.
Do you remember last spring and summer when many supporters wanted a 60/30 compromise? You guys would not even listen, it was "NO LIMITS". With a 60 mph limit you could have gone 80 before the MP cared. Now we will probably be stuck with this 45 limit.

Don't blame me, blame yourselves!
so much for blame huh?

We stop when you can go out in a canoe or a kayak and not be afraid of being run down.

Your other questions suggest that this law would be bad for the economy. However over 400 local businesses support the speed limit including most of the marinas, most of the hotels and restaurants, the Lakes Area Real Estate Association, NH Real Estate Association, NH Camp Directors Association, etc. etc.
The driver that hit Jack was found not guilty of BWI. 28 mph is over the proposed speed limit and WAY over what was "reasonable and prudent" that night. The are pictures in this very forum of the Nor-Tech on Winni that goes 130. And I am not Frank.

Looks like you guys are wrong on all points.

Cheer up guys. The Senate will be a lot harder to win than the House. 45/25 is still a long shot. If it fails I will come back and congratulate you.
and I'm quite sure I don't know who you are, your not my type of people - but raising your kids was not inadvertent, I like most do not need parenting on or off the water. Now go away -

Quick Reply: HELP !! No speed limit on NH lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.