NO
51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Need opinions....

Old 02-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default POLL: Need opinions....

I am going to buy another 33' Powerplay. I am considering painting the boat I buy like this Tiger in the picture below. I love the paint on this Tiger. I personally think this paint job would look good on the Powerplay, because it is similiar (flat deck, fairing, etc...) looking to the Tiger.
Please give me your opinions..good or bad

Thanks OSO
Attached Thumbnails POLL: Need opinions....-cigtiger2.jpg   POLL: Need opinions....-cigtiger4.gif  
Old 02-17-2006, 11:38 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: POLL: Need opinions....

I like it, but I think it makes the boat look smaller and would not be my preference.

Could that be done in Vinyl? If so then you can easily change it up down the road.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
I like it, but I think it makes the boat look smaller and would not be my preference.

Could that be done in Vinyl? If so then you can easily change it up down the road.
I am not sure about vinyl. I go to Havasu where it gets 115 during the smmer. I think the vinyl will leave a mark after a while from the hot sun.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you going to keep the boat for a long time or do you think you might sell it in a year or two?

If you're planning to keep it for a long time then definitely do whatever you want. If you might sell it in a couple of years, you might want to consider the resale with those graphics.

I personally like those graphics and think it would look good, but I also think that a more standard graphic could be easier for resale.

In the end it's your boat, so go with what YOU like.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Registered

I like it, maybe a little more paint towards the front would help balance it better. More of a slow fade to the front where it could dissapear. my .02
Old 02-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Drypipetiger's paint looks great. It would look nice on any boat!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful paint job....It may make a 33 look stubby though....Longer straight lines make them appear longer....Doesn't really matter on a 42 !!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

we did the whole sides of of a baja we sold. It was printed vynil, looked very very nice...BUT... The guy was a beginner driver ansd the vynil was scratched and teared in many places... Almost same thing with an experienced driver but was more due to the fenders rubbing on the sides when docking... So my opinion, small graphic, you can go vynil, big size graphic... paint it! Much more durable.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steamin Rice
Are you going to keep the boat for a long time or do you think you might sell it in a year or two?

If you're planning to keep it for a long time then definitely do whatever you want. If you might sell it in a couple of years, you might want to consider the resale with those graphics.

I personally like those graphics and think it would look good, but I also think that a more standard graphic could be easier for resale.

In the end it's your boat, so go with what YOU like.
This next boat has to be a boat that I will keep for a while. It's too expensive to keep buying another boat!!
I was also thinking of having the sides painted black or blue, with the deck white....like these 38 PP's.
Attached Thumbnails POLL: Need opinions....-diesel-surface.jpg   POLL: Need opinions....-navy-hotboat-.jpg  

Last edited by Semper Fi; 02-17-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Registered

i was looking into the black sides on my 33 nice look with the powerplay decal sold it before got to that, should of kept it .

Quick Reply: POLL: Need opinions....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.