TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Notices

TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Old 02-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
If you don't want to see another "Profile Post" why are you reading this?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its real simple,

if they were in the right, or thought they they were then theyd be here defending them selfs, I know I would be ( thank god I dont have any unhappy customers)

I know if someone isnt happy I dont care whos fault Im going to do what it takes to make them happy.....sat sun doesnt matter ........what she said tells it all " I have a life " ( if you where watching the other thread)

F them they dont need a life they need to learn what its all about....

MAKING SHURE THE CUSTOMER IS HAPPY......

NO LESS WILL DO !!!!!!!!

Last edited by GOODT; 02-19-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:43 PM
BK
Registered

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
A: Slander is spoken not written, that is called libel.
B: It isn't libel if it is true.
C: He's not worried about being sued, they're already suing him.
D: If you don't want to see another "Profile Post" why are you reading this?
I look at it from the point of view of what the judge will see and what he'll do.

If he sees a person making a public announcement claiming, "Company XYZ destroyed my boat", then his job is to determine if that statement is the truth.

Who did the damage? Did this company wreck an undamaged boat? Or did the boat arrive at the shop already in a bad state? From everything Dean has shown on paper, his 1993 boat already had thousands of dollars worth of damage when it was delivered to be repaired.

According to Dean, this included a number of scratches on the exterior, as well as a busted interior.

The company fixed the boat, but NOT the way Dean had expected or specified. There was also a discrepancy on how payment was to be made. Dean wanted to inspect the boat before his credit card was charged, but he didn't get that chance.

If this is all in writing, the judge will have no problem ruling in Dean's favor.

Another thing I do know: This judge will not be happy if the company brings forth documents that show the plaintiff intentionally used a popular boating site as a weapon to inhibit future sales while the lawsuit was in process. Most judges advise both parties to refrain from retaliatory actions against each other and instead use the courts to resolve their disputes.

I think that is the message Harper and GSmith are trying to get across to Dean - for his own sake.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Registered

"Another thing I do know: This judge will not be happy if the company brings forth documents that show the plaintiff intentionally used a popular boating site as a weapon to inhibit future sales while the lawsuit was in process. Most judges advise both parties to refrain from retaliatory actions against each other and instead use the courts to resolve their disputes."

I think that is the message Harper and GSmith are trying to get across to Dean - for his own sake

judge will also look at it as here is a man that made public his dissatisfaction with a service comany ( keyword service )
Old 02-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Registered

I think most judges are familiar with the First Ammendment.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BK
I look at it from the point of view of what the judge will see and what he'll do.

I think that is the message Harper and GSmith are trying to get across to Dean - for his own sake.

Thanks for your comments and the opportunity to clarify. As to the condition of the interior, it was already in very bad condition, the bolster seat I was in came apart, I flew across the cockpit at 50+mph, smashing into the passenger bolster seat and ripping the skin around my eye open requiring 15 stitches, we spent 4 hours cleaning up blood and I hit the other seat hard enough to significantly bend the metal frame and smash both rotator cups in my sholders requiring a year of therapy. THe undamaged interior was frayed and cracked at the seams, but we used the boat every wekend, it was VERY servicable until the accident.

The work was to REPLACE the interior, and specific colors were identified. The interior was half replaced, and with the wrong colors, the QUALITY of the work on the interior is not in question.

The exterior did show signs of age, it was in AVERAGE condition for an 11 year old boat, I could have left it alone, everyone commented on how sharp it was. A recent marine survey (completed at insurance companies request) states the boat was "sharp looking, a very good looking boat". The point of redoing the exterior was to change color scheme to bring in a LOT of yellow by transitioning from near the keel to orange then to yellow above. I drive a yellow H2, had a yellow Viper, have yellow buildings, it is a company color.

When it arrived there was no yellow or orange anywhere, only a gray stripe. This was NEVER discussed during the work up or in process stage, NOT ONCE. When I ask why they changed it, they said "we thought it would look better", when I ask about the change to the interior color they said "I thought it would look better". When they called and said it was in route, I called and ask why no pictures or letting me know it was complete, I planned to fly there to see it, and I had someone willing to drive up and pick it up. I was told by a secretary "we had to get it out of here because we have boat shows to get ready for".

The exterior of the boat was the texture of a painted concrete wall, no clear coat, no polish look, none of that, pits, orange peal, rough finish. Minor repairs to hull were not completed, nothing was done at all above the rub rail. It was WORSE than when it left.

There was an expectation that the boat would be back by November, before winter, when it became apparent that would not happen, I called to discuss weatherization, I was assured the boat would be winterized. They pulled the drain plugs on the manifold, nothing else. Then argued frozen motors were of no consequence and then later argued (in arbitration) they winterized it.

I am glad this discussion has come back to the main issue, at this time I contend profile WI has nothing to do with this, there was likely a sale pending and they were pushing the boat out to try and get it done. However I am not sure of that, I have ask the question of EXACT sale date several times, no one wants to answer that. I wonder if it is because it shows or indicates something.

If the guy in WI is truly innocent, I prefer keeping the discussion on point keep him out of it. If he is truly an innocent victim, keeping him out of it is what really needs to happen anyway. That was the plan and mode of operation, till HE starts with the lawyers and threats. If he had just kept out of it I likely would never have dragged him into it, and I definitely would not have without a whole lot of documentation and evidence.

There was no discrepancy in how this was to be paid for, I paid better than half up front, half was to be paid before the boat left IA, WITH MY APPROVAL. Approval was ask for, but denied until I saw the boat, upon seeing the boat none was given, the card was ran anyway.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify the facts, which is what I prefer to discuss anyway. Again, the facts of this are not what anyone wants to talk about, I prefer to discuss those, this whole charade is designed to stop that from happening.

For the record, I am being VERY careful with my words, and yes, the attorneys would prefer I sit in silence and let them do their thing, but you know, I prefer it be on public display. If I am lying, someone will have my head on a platter, and they will do it QUICK.

Remember, I am being sued, in Bremer IA District Court. This stuff is not "hidden" it is public information, I am not disclosing "proprietary" information. A judge will read all these words and see if I can back them up, I am comfortable in his decision, as two independent arbitration boards have already decided the case in my favor, I am not going to lose on the facts.

Also note, before this I was a raving fan, telling everyone how they were hand made, how great a company it was, how focused on quality, I discussed with two guys the prospects of opening a profile dealership on KY Lake, I was truly a raving fan, and I let everyone know it. The true loss in this is I told a LOT of people they were a GREAT company, I feel like an idiot, and more importantly if someone made a buying decision based upon my recommendation, I have to live with that, and LOTS of poeple make million dollar decisions based upon my recommendations, so I have to protect that carefully.

My relaying all this is simply a way for the boating community see it. If I were to drop the whole thing right now then TNT/Profile IA would be left with a tarnished reputation, deserved none the less, but tarnished. But were they to step up to the plate and say "we are sorry we did this, we were wrong to sue you, and we will do what it takes to make it right" they could turn this around REAL fast, and into a massive public win, IF they followed through. Then everyone would see what kind of person I am based upon my response. I may be a fair guy, or I may be a raving lunatic, who knows, but they "drew first blood", not me. Closing this down removes their opportunity to do this.

So here we are, keeping it open leaves open opportunities and keep the boating public at large informed, shutting it does keeps the public ignorant and removes future opportunities. So what is the right thing to do?

Again, please remember, I went through once with Randy Schultz, and I played nice, and got screwed, I played nice in the first arbitration and won, then had to live through it again, then I played nice in the second round and won, now I am having to live through this SCHIT a third time, the facts are ALWAYS the same, the only thing I know to do to make it go away permanently is becoming a screaming azz hole, the facts seem to not be enough. So Dean is a screaming azz hole on this deal till it is finished. Nothing else seems to get rid of this bad penny, so why not try that?

Last edited by dean51267; 02-19-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Registered

I wonder if its too late for TNT to save face here....I think it would be cheaper and much more simple to redo the job to satisfaction.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hehe our cig was destroyed more by our ingenius gelcoaters that ate away the fiberglass in our deck, half paitned our engiens, etc but good luck man, very cool wit the donation to the childrens fund
Old 02-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Registered

Re: TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Originally Posted by Back4More
I wonder if its too late for TNT to save face here....I think it would be cheaper and much more simple to redo the job to satisfaction.

Would you really let them touch your boat?????
Old 02-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT
Would you really let them touch your boat?????

absoutly not, no way in hell! And even if they offered this guy in WI says there is no IA Profile, so from his position, the poeple suing me do not exist?!?!?!

But there has been a significant amount of money spent repairing what they screwed up, I do not even want that back for myself, but I do want a PUBLIC apology, then, and maybe only then, will this legal schite go away permenantly. I am a big boy, I can take losing some money and just distance myself from these people and go on about my life, but it has gotten to be like a rabid dog that just will not stay in its own yard. At some point you simply have to make that crap go away.

While I do not want to benefit personally from this experience, I do not want them to and I do not want the latest round to cost me more money, so I want them to pay the amount it cost to repair the damage and screw ups, and I will use it for a childrens home in the form of a large Christmas Party for kids who have been removed by the state from homes and will be in a kids home for Christmas.

My office does this each year for 20 or so kids, this would allow us to put on a HELL of a Christmas for a LOT more kids. We purchase the presnts, get a local place, Madison Hall, to donate the facilities (at much expense to themselves), the local Outback donates the food and service (those guys are AWSOME, they donate meals for 60 plus and bring 30 or more people to put on the event, all FREE). I started doing the tax returns for some local celebrities (radio personalities and the like) for free in exchange that they show up and play santa and the like and generally create this little wonderland like experience for these kids for at least a few hours.

I am asking for a LOT more tha nthis in court, but you know how that goes, the lawyers ask for everything under the sun. Maybe the cost of this will cause them to go "holy schite, we can not do this to people, expecially this guy".

Anyway, I tripped off topic, but this is one of those things that is important to me, and it seems to be a good way to turn this negativity back to something positive.

But if if this rabid animal will not stay in its yard, which is MUCH prefered, I will do what it takes to put it down, but again, I am also just as content if someone will keep it in its own yard so I can go about my life like normal. I never ask for this or wanted something for nothing, but no one will stand by and keep being attacked over and over again either, you would think they would have known that.

I do not know why they could not just leave it well enough, that is all I really wanted, now it will take a lot more to silence this story.

JB - by now you should have figured out, leave me alone and I will have nothing to do with you, my most viement discussions of this only come after your attacks on me.

Quick Reply: TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.