TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Notices

TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Old 02-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Originally Posted by ZP'd
IMO anyone that sends a boat to Iowa in Sept without winterising their engines before shipping the boat off destroyed their own engines, regardless of what anyone tells someone at any Builder, Profile included. Just something I would never in a hundred years think of taking a chance on Dean.
Dean you yourself said you did not want to see any harm of any kind come of anyone else and I'm asking does that include current happy Owners of Profile boats? If so get your lawyer and take care of biz and THEN let us know what comes of it..
The continued bashing is gonna destroy more then Profiles reputation IMO... Personally I would not be willing to do that to a fellow boater regardless if I was in the right or not.
Here is a question, a customer gets SCREWED, so instead of standing by, someone other company rushed to their defense and says “you better shut up or else”, now just exactly how innocent do you think that other company is? They are knowingly aiding a company that is screwing the public from being discussed in the public. Just exactly how innocent are they when they help hide a company’s history of customer mutilation? Intentionally or not, that is reality. Forget the legal stuff (which is also on my side), what is the RIGHT thing to do? What can you sleep at night knowing you did? THAT is the standard we need to hold ourselves and others to.

Does anyone believe the public should be unaware of the explorer problem because some company that never told America they exist takes on the ford name? This is absurd. The second company likes it when the first has good news and promotes itself, but then screams lawsuit when the news is not so good? The orginal Profile is ACTIVELY promoting itself, they have not "gone away". If they were to "go away" it would be a different story, but this "new" company says it has been operating for XXX months, but no one knows of them.

The assertion is hypocritical at best, fraudulent at worst. If the second company does not like the Ford name, CHANGE THE NAME, and exit stage left. It is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH, and we have to work within those guidelines, instead of the public being censured. We all have responsibilities in our society, there is theirs.

As to doing this "TO" a fellow boater, I sure wish someone had "DONE" this to me before I sent my boat to them, I would have saved a WORLD of headache and ton of money if they had. So yes, I am willing to "do" this, there are a lot of others who wish someone had "done" it to them too. Should we sit in silence and watch somene screw a fellow boater because "it might look bad on the company doing the screwing"? Remember, I have one of these boats too....
Old 02-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered

Dean,

I am not trying to flame you so thank you for accepting constructive criticism.

I assume from the sheer amount of posts that you have lately that you aren't going away. And you are gonna post a lot.

But I am inspired by your signature quote. I am a good man and I am not gonna sit around and "do nothing."

So I am offering you some advice. Free. No charge.

Chill. Relax. Take a breath.

I am not telling you that you do not have the right to post. You most certainly do. What I am telling you is that your ratings in the polls have slipped way off since this started.
However righteous your cause may seem to you... it is best pursued strategically rather than the way you have pursued it. I realize that passion can get the best of a man. I have been there. But I also have a pretty good sense of OSO as a demographic. You know numbers... I know people.
You are losing ground if you are trying to get sympathy.
If you are simply protecting your fellow boater you have done your job.

I am not even suggesting that you pull your thread.

I just think that you are obviously angry and the rancor with which you proceed can have a rapid cooling effect on the sympathy of your fellow OSOr.

Again, if you wanted to warn everybody you have done your due diligence.

If you just wanted to vent we are weary.

If you wanted sympathy we have compassion fatigue.

I wish you the very best of luck.
However, there is something you need to be aware of. Most OSO members are the real deal. They smell BS a mile away.
This will be fun when it really gets going.

I have bunch of popcorn.

Anybody startin to smell anything?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Harper220
Has this topic been blown way out of proportion or what??

How many threads have been started on this subject by Dean?? I think Dean has got enough publicity on this, don't you think? It's like a big crusade for every body to jump on Dean's band wagon and take Profile to the cleaners. I agree that OSO is helpful on certain things, but when it turns to this, then it's not cool anymore. You guys getting the picture yet? I think Dean has you all in a trance.

The first thread was fine, but my god how much more does it need to drag on??

Please put this pathetic thread out of its misery, poof.
Why do you keep clicking on this thread if you don't want to see it.
You're like an old lady who listens to Howard Stern for four hours a day just to complain about it. There are how many thousands of threads available here ? Go someplace else.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like fund razor, I think that this forum is exceptionally useful to get the facts out, vent for a while and also as a way to bring some transparency into these conflicts. I also believe that the most powerful repsonse to injustice is a factual, thorough, detailed airing of the issues involved. Of course this will be driven by passion; passion in the right measure at the right times and places does great things- when overdone its cheap, tacky and counterproductive. We all get the message that Profile needs to be under scrutiny; just keep us updated with the unvarnished and simple facts Dean. I'm learning a lot about how an unhappy customer can do a lot of damage and how a good businessman can undo said damage with some honesty and communication. Jeff
Old 02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ZP'd
IMO anyone that sends a boat to Iowa in Sept without winterising their engines before shipping the boat off destroyed their own engines, regardless of what anyone tells someone at any Builder, Profile included. Just something I would never in a hundred years think of taking a chance on Dean.
I've met quite a few Profile Owners and never once have any of them had anything bad to say about their boats or Randy. The paint on all have been top notch as well IMO. I'm sure they are all glad to see everyone slamming the Profile name as it has to really help thier re-sale value for the fine problem free boats they own and take a lot of pride in..
With disgruntled Profile Owners coming out of the woodwork now and announing on a public forum how all procceds will benfit charity, my red flag is starting to raise a wee bit more vs when you first posted the saga Dean. Much like it raised by Randys wife when she chipped in some really strange responses. Perhaps I'm wrong......
Dean you yourself said you did not want to see any harm of any kind come of anyone else and I'm asking does that include current happy Owners of Profile boats? If so get your lawyer and take care of biz and THEN let us know what comes of it..
The continued bashing is gonna destroy more then Profiles reputation IMO... Personally I would not be willing to do that to a fellow boater regardless if I was in the right or not.
I don't have any money placed on this race, therefore I only hope proper restitution comes out in the end, for either party.
I'll admit I haven't read every word of every thread. (good GOD, I don't have that kind of time...).

But, let me play Devil's advocate.
ZP'd - you state that this is doing harm to current Profile owners. You may be correct. But, if you were a current owner of a boat, any brand, are you likely to B!tch about it or the Co. unless you are doing something about your complaints? I know I wouldn't (human nature - It's you're pride and joy, and you made a mistake in your decision -it can be very hard to admit to the world you got screwed).
Without info like this being brought to the table, what happens next is the guy that buy's a used boat is now the one getting screwed - so it is just passed along to the next buyer.
I don't want to be the next guy.
I agree, Dean has been banging his drum pretty loud. Everyone handles these matters in their own way.
As far as the courts...
"If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit"

So much for my faith in that one...
Old 02-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

WOW - thanks for the cold bucket of water in the face, I needed that.

Yes, I am hot, dear LORD am I hot over this, and no doubt my rage comes through, which is VERY out of character (good thing this is not normal, I would have burst a blood vessel or something by now!) Generally I am a pretty laid back guy, easy going, cut up with everyone, probably not the life of the party (ever known an accountant who was?) but definitely not the raging lunatic I have been a time or two here..

After one of the outburst I generally get over it and let the lawyers do their thing, and then like a open wound someone on that side POURS salt in it. I have allowed them to play with my emotions, intentionally or not, so now I need to cool and let the legal process work.

For the record:

To date I have never started a thread on this topic that was not immediately proceeding actions taken by someone in the "profile universe". First was the claim in IA, second was the "you better shut up" call, then the "you better shut up or else up" e-mail then the "you better shut up or else" lawyer letter.

I just assume shut up, unless I am being told "shut up or else".
Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dean, I'm not bagging you, or promoting you, in my opinions.
Just stating my thoughts on the matter.
I can understand your frustration's - but don't let it take over your life.

If nothing else, you've brought up a good topic for the board - how much is enough of the one-sided debate.
Please don't feel the need to get defensive with me over this - I'm looking at both sides of this coin.
If you were wronged, I hope your day in court comes out fairly.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

We live in a different society today, in the past physical harm could get you somwhere now it gets you in jail. REPUTATION is everything and it should be known when individuals screw customers. I feel sorry for Dean. The stories should be heard, and the other side has just as much right to add a rebuttal. They aren't the only ones, it's just a matter of decreasing people of OSO being taken advantage of. I own a business and sometimes I have to loose major amounts of money to protect my reputation, whether I'm right or wrong. I think Profile should of handled this differently.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
We live in a different society today, in the past physical harm could get you somwhere now it gets you in jail. REPUTATION is everything and it should be known when individuals screw customers. I feel sorry for Dean. The stories should be heard, and the other side has just as much right to add a rebuttal. They aren't the only ones, it's just a matter of decreasing people of OSO being taken advantage of. I own a business and sometimes I have to loose major amounts of money to protect my reputation, whether I'm right or wrong. I think Profile should of handled this differently.

I own a business, it is my life's work, and my reputations is all I REALLY have. I think this is why I get so vile over this, I despise being called a crook, or somehow indication that I did something less than honest. Man, have I fought to make sure that particular claim never could stick, everyone in my life I respect is the same way.

And I have sacrificed much to build a reputation I can die proud of, I am sure many have, but when someone attacks that, I guess they are attacking the most important thing a guy has. Part of me says just "run it as fast as possible and get it out of your life", part of me says "destroy them with whatever mean it takes". I am afraid of the hell this brings to my life enought to be good at running, and angry enough to be good at fighting. So some days Dr Jekyll wins, some days Mr Hyde does.

It is strange, how someone else can do something and solicit such a strong response and range of emotions in someone.... Makes you wonder who is REALLY in charge of the whole deal.

However I now think back and realize this whole ordeal may have caused me to go so far in the other direction it came back full circle. I one told a guy "if you do not want fleas do not sleep with dogs once", may by having them do this work without more checking I was sleeping with dogs. I don't know. I keep asking myself, "what could I have done differently, how could I have prevented this", so far the answer has eluded me. Then I think "never pick a fight, but never run from one when you know you are right", then it all gets muddy. Knowing what to do is easy when you forget one side or the other.

But then what do you do when the dogs just will not go away? All I really want it to go away, I have had my pound of flesh, that is enough. I just wish I knew how to make this go away, but I do not....
Old 02-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a thought
There have been discussions before that continued long enough that ended up being removed all together. Usually because they take a turn for the worst. However, you have maintained a professional stance with more than opinions.
So, do you continue on the current path, OR refrain from adding more and hope that will not be the case and the topic is still here to be read and to be available to anyone on the net who does a little Profile searching at a later date?
Or do you continue until it is all removed?

I'm on your side. Just trying to decide which would be the best route.

Quick Reply: TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.