VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Default Re: HELP! Broker Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
And what broker might this be?
Gary Beaver

don,if the seller isnt worried and if the seller doesnt have a written brokerage contract then I wouldnt worry. Just get the title work done as fast as you can.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Registered

My Boats: all of them

Unless the broker is stupid he didn't make that call untill the lien was in place. Do NOT close on the boat with a lien!!! It will then become your problem and if the seller was willing to screw over the broker you can bet he'll do the same to you. The broker most likely made that call to the seller first and called you to give you a heads up. It's the sellers problem don't let it become yours

Is there an outstanding loan on the boat? If so who will be doing the payoff? Some banks do NOT hold the title so just because the owner has the title does NOT mean the boat is free and clear of liens or incumberances.

Are you borrowing money on the boat? If not then no bank is running a title search for this lien or other liens that may exsist. Did you have a title search run? If you are borrowing the bank won't let you close untill the lien is removed.

Are you sure thier are no other liens?

Do NOT close on this boat untill the issue is resolved. Save yourself a ton of agg. Don't let the emotional "I want this boat" cause you to make a bad decision.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

My Boats: 06 Sunsation 32 SS,04 Seadoo supercharged, 29 bayliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean51267
you gotta ask, did the broker do his job. If he did he deserves to get paid, if not, he does not. How would you want your kids to know you handled this? Answer that question honestly and proceed accordingly. If he deserves nothing, do not roll over, if he deserves payment, help him get it.

I work with several real estate agents, and when I buy something they jump through amazing hoops for me, because they know I will fight to make sure they get paid. I see them also ignore other buyers because they have to wonder about that.

So just do the right thing, do not screw anyone, and let it roll. It will work itself out...
I agree dean. Just becuase the broker doesnt have a written agreement doesn't mean he is not due a commision. He could have a oral contract with the seller. If you as the buyer did not agree to pay the borker anything then this is the sellers problem. However I would consider it unethical if you know for a fact the seller is screwing the broker. just my 2 cents.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

My Boats: 32 Doug Wright, 21 Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz
Don't want to side with the broker, but if he truly brought the seller and buyer together, some sort of commision is due. If the seller was stupid enough to use a broker, he should expect to pay him something.

I have no problem paying a broker that did his job but Gary Beaver did not do his job. And it is not my responsibility to pay him it was the sellers.

This was suppose to be a two boat deal. I was buying the 382 and the original owner was buying a Intrepid. After three weeks of dealing we found out that Gary did no have the contract on the intrepid another broker did. He was also trying to get 10,000 more on the intrepid that it was advertised for. Also we wasn't being honest to either me or the seller of the 382 on the price. There was a difference of $5,000. So there was a swing of $15,000 between the price of the two. Where this money was going we have no idea.

After the original deal feel through Beaver pulled both the 382 and the intrepid off of his site. So to me this means he ended the contract himself. A week later the original seller contacted us and we agreed on a price. I think that all Gary deserves is a good A$$ kicking......... If I am wrong here please let me know.

Thanks for all of your help!
Don
Old 02-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Catagory5]
Is there an outstanding loan on the boat?
QUOTE]

No loan on the boat the original owner paid cash for the boat. He gave us a signed document saying there are no liens on the boat. It also says that if there is a lien he would take care of the issue.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I think You'll be fine, take the hull id number and run it, they can tell you if there is lean or not. sounds to me like beav is just trying to make some coin off this. Secondly ask the seller if he signed a contract with beav, if not there is no proof of anything, so your golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbob
I agree dean. Just becuase the broker doesnt have a written agreement doesn't mean he is not due a commision. He could have a oral contract with the seller. If you as the buyer did not agree to pay the borker anything then this is the sellers problem. However I would consider it unethical if you know for a fact the seller is screwing the broker. just my 2 cents.

Guys go back and read the original thread, beav tried to hose both of them by lowballing the owner and then have Don pay more, so he could screw both sides, hence they both walked away from Beavboats.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Guys go back and read the original thread, beav tried to hose both of them by lowballing the owner and then have Don pay more, so he could screw both sides, hence they both walked away from Beavboats.
Here is the orginal deal....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=beavboats.com
Old 02-20-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I think You'll be fine, take the hull id number and run it, they can tell you if there is lean or not. sounds to me like beav is just trying to make some coin off this. Secondly ask the seller if he signed a contract with beav, if not there is no proof of anything, so your golden.

Who would I contact to see if there is a lien? I have a copy of the title and in registered in NY.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgduck13
Who would I contact to see if there is a lien? I have a copy of the title and in registered in NY.
usually titles will have lien holders posted on them in the lower section. Some banks will hold them and only send the borrower a copy. DNR should be able to check on it for you, if there is no bank listed on the titel you should be ok.