Notices

Who?When?and how fast?

Old 02-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

I Agree With David's Comments Because After Being At The Shooter's Shootout Every Year And Seeing Distinctively Faster Runs Throughout A Day But Reporting Rediculously Slow Speeds, Let's Make Sure We Are Comparing Apples To Apples. Unfortunately, I Do Not Personally Think That It Is About The Boat Manufacturer Anymore Anyway, More The Rigging, Motors, And Obviously The Driver And Throttleman. Not To Mention, The Latter Two Are Getting To The Point Of Insanity At The Speeds They Are Talking. I Hope Whoever Does Break The New Record Actually Lives To Take Credit For It Plus That It Is Setting The Right Example For Fellow Boaters.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered

OL, this Spring and 182mph
Old 02-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Registered

Default GPS??? no Way!

I agree with KiloKat, GPS while pretty accurate is by no means foolproof, and should never be used for anything other then bragging rights while sitting at the local bar!,,,, Each of us knows how fast our boat is,, in my case, while not at all in this category,, my boat shows consistent 100 to 103 mph readings,, BUT every now and then I will see 110, 111, or 112,,, never an outrageous speed, just that 6 or 7 mph increase, I happen to know that this boat can not run 112,, so where does the "Happy" reading come from?? no record can ever be captured using a GPS! only certified timing equipment and the trained personal to operate are needed to document such a run,,,, Just my 2 cents.

Philip

Last edited by Philip; 02-21-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

All I can say is that when OL does go for speed record it will be done so that no one can say its bull. Don't ask me any questions cause this is the only thing I know . Tom
Old 02-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Who?When?and how fast?

OUTERLIMITS,When their ready, between 180-190 MPH. Double or nothin'!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoever breaks it, better enjoy it while it lasts...You know Reggie will just go out & top it again like he has everytime anybody has topped him.
It's his "Thing" & his boat owners seem to really enjoy it.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
Whoever breaks it, better enjoy it while it lasts...You know Reggie will just go out & top it again like he has everytime anybody has topped him.
It's his "Thing" & his boat owners seem to really enjoy it.
Wont be so easy this time.It will take horsepower,a good program willing to put in hours,and a [knowledgeable] brain behind this endeavor
Old 02-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Wont be so easy this time.It will take horsepower,a good program willing to put in hours,and a [knowledgeable] brain behind this endeavor
I think Reggie fits in those parameters.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Registered

What Are The Records
Cat Piston Power
Cat Turbine
V Bottem
Old 02-22-2006, 06:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
exactly, at these speeds they are reaching the end of the equipments ability. Look how hard it is for the avg guy to gain a couple extra mph under 100, I couldnt imagine having to tweak something at 170+, not to mention on any given day you have the most constantly changing thing working against you, the track/water itself.

Quick Reply: Who?When?and how fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.