SCOPE Kickoff Party on March 11th at SC Performance

Notices

SCOPE Kickoff Party on March 11th at SC Performance

Old 02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile SCOPE Kickoff Party on March 11th at SC Performance

SCOPE Kickoff Party 2006!!!

Once again, it is time for the huge annual SCOPE Kickoff Party! This year’s kickoff is being held at the big performance boat place in Southern California, SC Performance Marine! We’re very happy that Scot Conrad’s performance marine company has offered his location again to host the annual SCOPE Kick-Off this year. It’s always a great event to start the year, and it’s FREE!

Mark your calendars...March 11th 2006 will mark the first annual SCOPE Kick Off Party being held in Huntington Beach @ SC Performance Last year was an amazing event...HOT BOATS, CARS, TRUCKS, all the things that get us Boat Heads fired up for a great exciting year with SCOPE, so please mark your calendars and bring the entire family for this great fun event

Come start the 2006 boating season by meeting new people, catching up with old friends, or bring a boating friend to the party and introduce them to the fun-loving performance boating club called SCOPE. There is a great lunch with soft drinks, and a no-host bar too!

Remember, you can join and pay your membership on the spot, grab your bag of membership goodies (T-shirt, stickers, membership gift and other items), grab a drink, hang out and listen to a live band! There’s something fun for the whole family. Bring your Harley, bring your Hot Rod, sports car or fancy tow vehicle to show off. It’s all about the toys!!

===================

Event Specifics

Event Date: Saturday, March 11th
Time: Starts at 11:00AM, ends at 4:00PM
Reason: Lunch, join SCOPE, see boats, pickup membership items, see the other hot rods or Harleys, and meet new friends!
Cost: Nothing - No host bar
Event Contact: Jim Dunphy
Web Link: www.SCperf.com

We look forward to seeing you all there

More info on www.SCOPEinfo.com
Old 02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: SCOPE Kickoff Party on March 11th at SC Performance

Looking forward to another great kick-off party and boating season...
Old 02-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

Do we have a new Prez yet??? You know, one with a boat
Old 02-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Do we have a new Prez yet??? You know, one with a boat

Yep!!!!!! Greg Bell is our new pres and he has a boat!!! Actually, he's a new Formula Brother too!!!

======================
Welcome to SCOPE 2006!
As you all know, Southern California has beautiful year round weather; it is synonymous with warm sunny beaches, nearby lakes and rivers, and lots of boats. I was fortunate to grow up in this area and be surrounded by all this. As a result, I developed a passion for boating when I was about sixteen years old. Back then it was all about jet boats and trips to the river. However over the years, I wanted a boat that would allow me to enjoy the vast ocean, so in 1993 I purchased a 2550 SX Chaparral. One day while I was out boating, there was a flyer on a pole in Dana Point that read “SCOPE”. Enthusiastically, I joined the club and have enjoyed many years of boating with a great group of people that share the same passion. Currently, I am still fortunate to live only 15 minutes away from the boat launch which means that my family and I will be enjoying our recently purchased Formula 382 Fastec.

I am exited about the many positive boating opportunities this New Year is bringing my way. After not having a boat for over a year, I’m ready to make up the lost time. In addition, after four years of serving on the board of directors, I am honored to serve SCOPE as the president this year. Therefore, I will ensure that the main focus of the club will be on boating. Of course, this can only be accomplished with the help and support of the board of directors which consists of Founder Ron Songrath, Poker Run Director Wayne Lee, Membership Director Lu Lyall, Norton Aldereson, Rob Sherman, Jim Dunphy, Greg Rice, Tom Whitham, Kevin Laney, and Chris Grayson.

As I had mentioned, the focus of the club will be entirely on boating. We need to take advantage of the area in which we live and burn some gas. The calendar of events for this year includes, the infamous San Diego trip, as well as trips to our neighboring lakes, Havasu, Mead, and Powell. In addition, we will be making numerous runs to Catalina and the Channel Islands. The trip to the Delta is becoming a favorite for many and will also be included in our plans. Make sure to keep posted on the upcoming dates for theses events as well as for other impromptu trips.

Our SCOPE founder, Ron Songrath had the foresight to lay down the framework for what this club has become. He saw the need to form this organization so that people from all over Southern California that share the same passion could get together and “boat”. More importantly, SCOPE is the only club of boating enthusiasts that represents Southern California. It is my belief that we have the obligation to step up and help support the Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association. This can easily be done by showing up to there venues. Besides POPRA OSS will be racing at Lake Mead, Hydroplanes at the Bayfair, Drag races at Lake Ming and Phoenix, Circle boat racing At Parker and in our own back yard Long Beach Marine Stadium. As the only boat club in this area let us support racing, racers and the sponsors.

Once again, I would like to welcome you all to SCOPE. May I remind you that this club is for the boating enthusiast and therefore can only exist by the participation of its members, the hard work from the BOD, and the total support of our sponsors. I encourage the input from our members so please visit our web site SCOPEinfo.com or give me a call.

Keep your drives out and your tabs up!!!

Greg Bell
2006 SCOPE President
Old 02-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

> Dear SCOPE Members,
>
> I am very happy to announce that we have closed on the purchase of
> Spectre Powerboats. I am very excited to bring what I believe is a
> very exciting line of true offshore boats to the West Coast. I have
> attached a press release that will expalin the details. I look forward
> to hosting the Kick off Party and getting a chance to get together
> again. See you all on March 11th.
>
> Sincerly
>
> Scot Conrad
>
> SC Performance Marine
> 15391 Electronic Lane
> Huntington Beach, Ca 92649
> 714.379.4570 Phone
> 714.379.4571 Fax
> 714.612.4544 Cell
Old 02-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to the kick off party. Love hanging at Scot's amids all of the beautiful Skaters. Is Surf City Catering providing the eats? I ran in to gabby and she didn't mention anything.

Hugh
Old 02-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

It will Rock...Again!!
Old 02-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This Saturdays (Feb 25th) lunch run to Catalina Isthmus should be a great run too....perfect weather and about 10 boats so far planning on running...
Old 03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Registered

Bingo
Old 03-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Registered

Yo Yo yo!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: SCOPE Kickoff Party on March 11th at SC Performance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.