Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss >

ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

Notices

ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

Old 02-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

I may have been mistaken in this thread title. For some reason I read or thought I read that Allweiss was the attorney for the Insurance company. It appears that he may just be the attorney for Shoreline.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1002/BUSINESS
Old 02-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

Next thing you know the brand new boat the Adirondac, they got will be up for sale. Anyone wanta 75 foot tour boat?
Old 02-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Then it goes on to say the insurance co didnt have a licence to write policies. That would mean no insurance period
I cannot find the article or document where I thought I read that MA was the attorney for the Insurance Company. I will keep looking.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alwe

Originally Posted by Shane
I cannot find the article or document where I thought I read that MA was the attorney for the Insurance Company. I will keep looking.
From the article in your first post:

Survivors who filed claims with Shoreline Cruises received a letter in January from company lawyer Michael Allweiss, explaining the insurance problem.
He's the attorney for the tour boat.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alwe

Originally Posted by CigDaze
From the article in your first post:

He's the attorney for the tour boat.
It appears I drew the conclusion from the aforementioned article but was indeed mistaken as it appears in all accounts that MA is the attorney for Shoreline. My mistake and appologies.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It appears I drew the conclusion from the aforementioned article but was indeed mistaken as it appears in all accounts that MA is the attorney for Shoreline. My mistake and appologies.
None needed.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That just shows you how much people pay attention to the policies they pay to protect them. Me included. Damn shame for all those involved
Old 02-24-2006, 01:46 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

A boat insured only for accidents on land? Nice racket...

Lawyers will have their meter running for ever and from every direction on that one. My guess.... Ten to fifteen years before it is sorted out and the family will get nothing after the lawyers are done.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered

What kind of retainer do you think Allweiss got for this deal?
Old 02-24-2006, 01:50 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Funny....I thought he might have been the captain.

T2x

Quick Reply: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.