Notices

Newbie question

Old 02-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question

Hi- First of, love the site.

I have just gotten into boating, and purchased a used Mariah 20' boat with a 5.7 litre motor. I figured I would see if I would enjoy boating enough to warrant moving into a Baja or the like down the road.

Question I have is- I would like access to all the sites "goodies" , but I also wonder if I'm a little out of my league as far as what everyone will be discussing about boats. It sems like I am bringing a Volkswagon to a Ferrari get together. Thats not a swipe at anyone..just and observation.

Don't mind paying the mambership fee at all..just want to make sure I'm in the right forum!

Thanks for reading this.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:49 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Default Re: Newbie question

Originally Posted by TP121

I have just gotten into boating, and purchased a used Mariah 20' boat with a 5.7 litre motor. I figured I would see if I would enjoy boating enough to warrant moving into a Baja or the like down the road.

Question I have is- I would like access to all the sites "goodies" , but I also wonder if I'm a little out of my league as far as what everyone will be discussing about boats. It sems like I am bringing a Volkswagon to a Ferrari get together. Thats not a swipe at anyone..just and observation.

Don't mind paying the mambership fee at all..just want to make sure I'm in the right forum!

Thanks for reading this.
Doesn't matter what you own or if you own a boat at all.Great site to learn alot about everything about boating and more.Ask OLDSCHOOL he's wife says he knows EVERYTHING.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Registered

First the good news... If you love boating (and not just a "boat owner"), then you are in the right place. When I joined I had a 22-foot Crownline bowrider. I was treated like I owned a Cigarette Top Gun!

Now the bad news... After you are here a while, you will outgrow your 20-foot Mariah and step up... way up! I now own a 31-foot Cigarette Bullet.

Welcome!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for reading this.
I HAVE BEEN BOATING SINCE I COULD REMEMBER AND I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYTIME I SIGN ON. BEST SITE I HAVE JOINED.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered

Thanks, and another thanks for making me feel at home. Its much appreciated!
Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I am newer to the site and don't post alot but I have to say the site is awesome, very addictive and has a ton of info.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome, way more info here than you can ever absorb.....also remember almost everyone here probably started with a 20' somethin or other so post away and ask many questions, heck i dont even own a boat
Old 02-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered

After spending time on this site, it amazes me that more people aren't passionate about boating like the majority of this community is. Welcome!

Dan
Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Welcome. You'll love it. Just watch out for Stecz, Masher, JC, GLH, DPT, JS, Offshoredrillin, the list goes on and on...
Old 02-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered

On using your own words, there is nothing wrong with asking the Ferrari guy how to make your VW handle better or go faster. After all he has been there

Now the reality of the site, Yes there are some Ferrari owners here, their are also alot of Chevy, Ford and Yugo owners (Thats not a dig at you fountain guys ). The common thread is the love of the water and boats.

So join up and welcome.

Quick Reply: Newbie question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.