Like Tree0Likes

Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Reply
Old 02-25-2006, 03:59 PM
  #1
Charter Member #655
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
dyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Holland, Michigan
My Boats: 1993 Sonic 31ss
Posts: 4,939
Default Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Just thought I would mention to everyone that a group of coworkers and I are off to Biloxi Mississippi tomarrow to help with the rebuilding efforts along to gulf coast. The group consists of alot of skilled trade guys from the company that Crazyhorse and I work for in West Michigan (Herman Miller).Mostly electricians and machanics a few grunts like myself and even some retirees. From what I've been told the clean up and rebuilding efforts will take several years so keep us in your thoughts as we try to help any way we can. I will post some pics when we return next weekend.
__________________
If your boat has a sail do you ride a horse to the ramp?
dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 04:09 PM
  #2
Registered
 
wrinkleface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Michigan
My Boats: NT 477!! Ilmors Baby!!!
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyno
Just thought I would mention to everyone that a group of coworkers and I are off to Biloxi Mississippi tomarrow to help with the rebuilding efforts along to gulf coast. The group consists of alot of skilled trade guys from the company that Crazyhorse and I work for in West Michigan (Herman Miller).Mostly electricians and machanics a few grunts like myself and even some retirees. From what I've been told the clean up and rebuilding efforts will take several years so keep us in your thoughts as we try to help any way we can. I will post some pics when we return next weekend.
Good luck down there Don. Tracy
wrinkleface is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:52 PM
  #3
Charter Member #655
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
dyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Holland, Michigan
My Boats: 1993 Sonic 31ss
Posts: 4,939
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Thanks Tracy. Leaving at 3:00 am driving straight through 1130 miles pulling a 20 ft enclosed trailer full of tools and food for the food pantry down there....should be an adventure.
__________________
If your boat has a sail do you ride a horse to the ramp?
dyno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:33 PM
  #4
Registered
 
RollWithIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
My Boats: 98 Baja 36 Outlaw
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Dyno. There is definatley alot to be done down there. I spent some time there in the fall helping with the cleanup. Went back a couple weeks ago to get some equipement. Still alot of cleanup to do. Hopefully they get the money flowing for you guys to rebuild. Its been held up in red tape and politics. They need all the help they can get down there.

BTW. Still not alot to do on the weekends. But there is at least one casino re-opened.
RollWithIt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 PM
  #5
Registered
 
Harper220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Omaha~LOTO
My Boats: 2001 28 TD Daytona
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

I would imagine there's a never ending amount of clean up and rebuild in all areas struck by Katrina. My condolences to all that were affected by Katrina's devastation.

Based on past history, I have a question to anyone that lives in areas that are in hurricane prone territory fully knowing your house and/or businesses could be destroyed and your lives turned upside down overnight: Why and what keeps you there? I'm just curious?
Harper220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:11 PM
  #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Give me a call when you get down here, thanks for the help. 228-216-0900 Jeff Jassby
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:24 PM
  #7
Registered
 
Ms PatriYacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Waterford, MI
My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat
Posts: 5,353
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Don, Kudos to your and your co workers. I know at this point so many of us have forgotten what happened, yet i know so much still needs to be done. Godspeed you in your efforts.
Ms PatriYacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:16 AM
  #8
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper220
I would imagine there's a never ending amount of clean up and rebuild in all areas struck by Katrina. My condolences to all that were affected by Katrina's devastation.

Based on past history, I have a question to anyone that lives in areas that are in hurricane prone territory fully knowing your house and/or businesses could be destroyed and your lives turned upside down overnight: Why and what keeps you there? I'm just curious?
You make some of the most stupid a** statements I have ever read on this site.What pass history?Where in the F**K can you live in this country where natural disasters don't exist.
Lets see maybe in south Louisiana we should shut down all of
our oil platforms,oil refinery's,chemical plants,shipping port
shipyards,shrimping& fisheries,Navel bases the list goes on and on.Maybe we can relocate all this in your backyard.The last major storm to hit this area was over 35 years ago.
Lets see I guess forest fires,earth quakes,tornado's avalanches,mudslides,hail storms,north easter,snow storms,
ice storms and many more dont effect areas where nobody calls
home!!!If you have to ask maybe you shouldn't,now think of all
the millions of god loving Americans that have lost everything
including life.I wouldn't wish on my worst enemys what we have been through and still going though.You can take your
condolences and shove them.

Last edited by HotPursuit; 02-26-2006 at 12:19 AM.
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:10 AM
  #9
Registered
 
Harper220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Omaha~LOTO
My Boats: 2001 28 TD Daytona
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPursuit
You make some of the most stupid a** statements I have ever read on this site.What pass history?Where in the F**K can you live in this country where natural disasters don't exist.
Lets see maybe in south Louisiana we should shut down all of
our oil platforms,oil refinery's,chemical plants,shipping port
shipyards,shrimping& fisheries,Navel bases the list goes on and on.Maybe we can relocate all this in your backyard.The last major storm to hit this area was over 35 years ago.
Lets see I guess forest fires,earth quakes,tornado's avalanches,mudslides,hail storms,north easter,snow storms,
ice storms and many more dont effect areas where nobody calls
home!!!If you have to ask maybe you shouldn't,now think of all
the millions of god loving Americans that have lost everything
including life.I wouldn't wish on my worst enemys what we have been through and still going though.You can take your
condolences and shove them.
I didn't mean anything bad. You completely took it the wrong way. What I mean by past history is hurricanes in the gulf region. And honestly, there are safer places to live than in a hurricane zone, that's why I was asking what keeps you there? Weather, family, friends, job etc...? It was a serious question. Sorry if I struck a bad cord, that was not my intention.

I can't even imagine going through a hurricane and being wiped out and starting over. It has to be devastating. I do feel for those who are victims and honor all of those who have helped rebuild. I have actually donated money to the relief efforts through Red Cross.

Last edited by Harper220; 02-26-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Harper220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
  #10
Registered
VIP Member
 
HotPursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Slidell,Louisiana
My Boats: 40 Skater
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Heading to Biloxi for Karina relief

Oh you struck a nerve all right,maybe it was your choice of words.We need positive feed back not questions about how and why.When mother nature dis ides to destroy everything in it's path theres not a person place or thing that can stop it.Ask
the thousand of family members that lost love ones in the great tsunami.Believe me people were still trying to locate love
ones and the politicians were asking the same questions not even 48 hrs later.Believe it or not we do pay federal taxes down here too and into Fema program.Why or the tax payers
so willing to help other country's more than our own?Just remember this my friend wars and natural disasters create more jobs and income than any other industries!!In this area alone I have seen Just about every state plate in this country.A lot of people making big money from Fema and the insurance companys.Normal labor rates don't exist right now.
I don't understand why people live where you have to dig out your car to go to work and factory's shut down for weeks because of snow storms.Millions of Federal dollars spent to salt highways and bridges every year.Maybe you should come down visit ST Bernard Parish where not one home or building
didn't receive at least 8 to 15 feet of water.From Louisiana to Mobile Alabama there was total destruction.Houses that were 25 ft above sea level still received 6 to 10 ft of water.
I was born and raised in this area and wouldn't have another way.I have been all over the country and no where do I find people as friendly and out going as the south.When 911 happened Louisiana sent more equipment and response than any other state.Check the numbers in Irack also and see
how many troops are from here.May God bless you and your
kindness.

Last edited by HotPursuit; 02-27-2006 at 05:29 PM.
HotPursuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
tj309
General Q & A
1
04-07-2005 09:30 PM
US1 Fountain
General Q & A
8
03-06-2004 02:33 PM
MIAMIBOYZ
Pantera
39
05-23-2003 11:05 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.