Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   World's OS race is BS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123424-worlds-os-race-bs.html)

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2006 10:18 PM

World's OS race is BS

I know most of you are tired of the BS between the racing organizations regarding the so called worlds in KW. I have posted my feelings in a bunch of threads on the subject :D However I just can't help but wonder how BOTH OSS and SBI can claim to have Worlds. How many worlds are there :rolleyes:

Formula Outlaw 02-25-2006 10:27 PM

Re: World's OS race is BS

I got so sick of the BS politics and backstabbing I just turned and walked away from all of it.

Poker Runs and Fun Runs are much more "real" and you don't have to put up with the BS.

When the sport splintered into three sanctioning bodies, it got the beginning of the end off to a running start. 99% of all my boating friends feel the same way.

CAP071 02-26-2006 06:33 AM

Most people you ask who go to Key West are there to Party and have fun. They really don't care about the races as much. We all realize it's too much BS. So now we have huge OSO parties :drink:

wigginout 02-26-2006 07:48 AM

Key West Rules when everybody shows up to party. The boats are just a Adrenalin bonus. :D

f311fr1 02-26-2006 08:56 AM

The offshore race sanctioning is beginning to resemble professional wrestling with a multitude of promoters. Joe Murray

cuda 02-26-2006 09:07 AM

I used to check the racing area every day. It's been months since I've opened a thread there. It's like a bunch of seventh graders are running things. :rolleyes:

dhlaw 02-26-2006 09:36 AM

The bottom line is that not too many people give a chit anymore.... They wonder why they cant pull big sponsors, get teams taken care of, get big turnouts at venues besides KW but the answer is right in front of them..... Nobody cares because the sport lack credibilty. Bob Bull tried his best to restore the sport by getting back into UIM, pouring hundreds of hours a months of personal time, and hundreds of thousands of his own $$$ and it didnt work. This is a wealthy boys sport with the wealthy boys calling the shots, as the golden rule says....."he who has the gold, makes the rules". They are saying Destin.... let them go. Most of us will be in KW, as we are every year. I am sure that the differences are minor and it is a matter of principle for the OSS admin. In other words a power struggle and JC has every rigt to stick to his guns, it his venue. If the situation were reversed and OSS had the venue do you think they would be cutting breaks to APBA??? I dont think so.......... in fact I venture a guess that the requirements would be even more daunting.

Hauling Trash 02-26-2006 10:31 AM

You need to write a Letter to the City of Key West and tell them about all the BS thats going on.

Mike

Madcow 02-26-2006 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by wigginout
Key West Rules when everybody shows up to party. The boats are just a Adrenalin bonus. :D

They have boats there?