Relocating to Jacksonville...Need Help!

Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are moving to Florida!!

We have decided to relocate to the Jacksonville area. Before we do anything, we have a few questions:

1) Is the Oceanway/Pecan Park/Ft. George area nice? Is it "boater friendly"?

2) Is the Grove Park/San Souci area nice? Is it "boater friendly"?

3) How are the school districts in these areas?

4) Is there a better area that you would recommend?

We would prefer a house and/or land that is on the water. But, if it's not on the water we at least need to make sure we have enough land to put a building for the boat and toys. If we can't find that, we'd like a place that is near the water and marinas.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Old 02-26-2006, 01:37 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Default Re: Relocating to Jacksonville...Need Help!

[QUOTE=Mrs Wigginout]We are moving to Florida!!

NOOOOOO.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta be a really good reason to leave that beautiful lake.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mrs Wigginout
We are moving to Florida!!

We have decided to relocate to the Jacksonville area. Before we do anything, we have a few questions:

1) Is the Oceanway/Pecan Park/Ft. George area nice? Is it "boater friendly"?

2) Is the Grove Park/San Souci area nice? Is it "boater friendly"?

3) How are the school districts in these areas?

4) Is there a better area that you would recommend?

We would prefer a house and/or land that is on the water. But, if it's not on the water we at least need to make sure we have enough land to put a building for the boat and toys. If we can't find that, we'd like a place that is near the water and marinas.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Good luck with Jacksonville. My Aunt and cousins live down in St. Augustine. My Aunt and cousin own the 6-mile marina and the outback crabshack restaurant. If you need any help down there I can hook you up with them.

If you are looking for property on the St. Johns river be prepared for some sticker shock. If you think Lake Murray is expensive you are about to find out how inexpensive it really is. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:55 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by clearcut3
Good luck with Jacksonville. My Aunt and cousins live down in St. Augustine. My Aunt and cousin own the 6-mile marina and the outback crabshack restaurant. If you need any help down there I can hook you up with them.

If you are looking for property on the St. Johns river be prepared for some sticker shock. If you think Lake Murray is expensive you are about to find out how inexpensive it really is. Good luck.
Clearcut its been a while since we have heard from you.hows it going down there.do me a favor flattin all Cat's tires so she can't move. Are you going to make it to SML poker run these year?
Old 02-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Clearcut its been a while since we have heard from you.hows it going down there.do me a favor flattin all Cat's tires so she can't move. Are you going to make it to SML poker run these year?
We tried to flatten em last night but the cars were all in the garage

I doubt we will make it to SML this year either. Everyone is building houses or moving into new ones it seems like so nobody has time to plan anything. I got married about 2 months ago and have been buying and selling houses for the last several months We should be moving into the new house in about 2-3 weeks, y'all need to come down and check it out. The new house is very close to the marina's.

Now I gotta get moved in and do some boat shopping so the dock isn't so empty

Hope all is well...tell Jen hey and I still have the MOHETA recipe for those calm Sundays . Let us know if y'all want to come down and drag the boat one weekend. We have plenty of room now.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Alright! Cool deal, come on down!
The Jacksonville area is quite nice, with lots to do. I really like it, especially near St. Augustine. It's pretty boater friendly, plenty of nice facilities. If I'm not mistaken, there's a local powerboat group based in J-ville, maybe someone who's a member will post. There's an annual Fireman's poker run (coming up soon if I'm not mistaken), which I hear is a great time!

http://www.jffpr.com/
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=33054

Last edited by CigDaze; 02-27-2006 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

Welcome to Jax! We've been here 10 years and love the place. 1st words of advice given to me when moving here were to live on the same side of the St. Johns river as you work on. Saves on the commuting challenges a lot!

We do have a local club. The Jacksonville Performance Boat Club or JPBC. 20-30 active members on the river or intercoastal. 2 poker runs a year locally. The large one is the Fire Fighters Poker run the 2nd weekend in June. The smaller local run is normally the last weekend of April but this year will be the 1st weekend in June.

We don't have kids so I don't have a clue about school districts.

If you need any information or other help send me pm.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

W .... been here all my life ... I would say the areas you listed are not necessarily bad .... but there might be better area's to live in ...Most of the St. Johns semi fresh water boating is from Jax South ... I know most of the City and would glad to help with anything .... Also you can contact "upthecreek" about housing ...his wife is an agent ..
Mike Bell
904 422 4806
[email protected]
Old 02-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info!

We're heading down there this Friday to get a better idea of where we should move. We're also looking at the St. Johns area, Mandarin and Orange Park. We're not very familiar with everything so we are relying on our realtor to help us out. Funny thing...he's originally from Jersey and "knows" Smitty from Wazzup...so, we figure he has to be a good guy!

Thanks again for all the info and please keep the suggestions coming!

Quick Reply: Relocating to Jacksonville...Need Help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.