Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cary boat covers ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123692-cary-boat-covers.html)

26sonic 02-28-2006 09:40 PM

Cary boat covers ?

Looking to purchase a full cover for my 03 31 sonic that I can use for both in water and for storage , saw an ad in power boat mag. about these "cary covers" anyone use them or have experience with them ?

offthefront 02-28-2006 09:46 PM

Re: Cary boat covers ?

one word ..... Lite... the lightest one is like onion skin ... you can see thru it ... never seen one complete but have the samples... I think would be great for inside storage . That said they put em on Aircraft (outside).

itilldo 03-01-2006 06:54 AM

I have one for our 29 Fountian. We love it. It is so light weight. It works out great, when we go somewhere to a different lake. Slip it in its bag and toss it up front in the cabin area. The model we have is not used for trailering, strictly for over nighting, keeping the dew off. I highly recommend it. Good Luck

PS
I think they make the covers for all the new MTI's

Pure Energy 03-01-2006 08:12 AM

Tony, congrats on the 31!!!! I know you have been looking for a looooong time. Try P&G Canvas in Long Island. They did the full trailer cover for my Superboat. I'm sure they can make what you are looking for.

lakeluvr 03-01-2006 09:36 AM

Guess it depends on your needs. As mentioned they are very light weight, which might be a plus, but can't imagine them giving as much protection as a regular cover. And seems like they charge almost as much for a generic cover as a custom fit cover would cost. Just my .02 worth.

John

ActiveFun 03-01-2006 09:41 AM

I thought they make 2 different weight covers. A heavier version for outdoors??

Sydwayz 03-01-2006 09:53 AM

Tony, which boat did you buy? Post pics!

docmanrich37 has one, and he can answer questions. I know he likes his, and it looks sharp.

Downtown42 03-01-2006 12:08 PM

ck out
www.iboats.com

they will send samples. I had a heavy sunbrella on my 35 custom made for 900.

Now I have a lightweight water proof 26lbs for the 42 and it works great.

bryanspeedracer 03-01-2006 12:24 PM

I met the owners at the OSO party, gave 'em a t-shirt to wear as a nightie :eek: :drink: :drink:

Very nice people. Cover is lighter than a pair of jeans;)

shark42 03-01-2006 01:35 PM

I have one on a 42 fountain in a covered slip. Keeps the sun off the transom and the spider chit off the deck, I am very pleased with it. It is not for trailering. Very light but strong.