Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30) >

Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)

Notices

Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)

Old 03-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)

Hi. I was hoping someone could give my some info on this run. I am looking to bring my 35' Nordic down from Seattle, and I have a few questions.
When does everyone arrive down there? Nautical Inn is booked, so where would be a good place to stay? What do people who don't have a area to keep the boat in the water overnight do, is there a marina to rent dock space at, or a public dock to tie up at?
I have never had the pleasure of boating in Havasu, so I don't know what to expect, especially during a busy weekend like this will be
Thanks
Beer truck
Old 03-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)

Originally Posted by thisistank

Go buy your Cig or Scarab and run this thing!
Your Cig looks sewwt in this months Powerboat mag. [/QUOTE]

... so that was yours... nice! did you look at this cali cig when looking? http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/2286
Old 03-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by beertruck
Hi. I was hoping someone could give my some info on this run. I am looking to bring my 35' Nordic down from Seattle, and I have a few questions.
When does everyone arrive down there? Nautical Inn is booked, so where would be a good place to stay? What do people who don't have a area to keep the boat in the water overnight do, is there a marina to rent dock space at, or a public dock to tie up at?
I have never had the pleasure of boating in Havasu, so I don't know what to expect, especially during a busy weekend like this will be
Thanks
Beer truck
Hey Beer truck, post a pic of that sweet Nordic of yours!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by terryandalexa
Your Cig looks sewwt in this months Powerboat mag.
... so that was yours... nice! did you look at this cali cig when looking? http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/2286[/QUOTE]

Thanks....That boat in the link ("the pink flamingo") was actually for sale by the previous owner (Lucky Strike & family) in Florida as I was buying our Cig from LipShip. Hugh currently owns it and wants to get a Gladiator I believe. The boat is VERY CLEAN and well maintained. Hugh is a really cool guy. Call him and talk to him about it. He's straight up. I think it's a good price for the boat you're getting.

Tank
Old 03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
Beer truck
Thursday night is a good time to get there. As far as I know, there is nowhere to tie up. The London Bridge Resort has some docks. I'll put mine on the trailer every night if the Nautical Inn beach is full. Ask the hotel you decide to stay at if they have parking for your rig. The Queens bay is nice. Launch at Windsor.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Registered

Looks like it;s going to be a go for me, securing a room today, on the list for nautical, but doesn't look good.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)-seattle-roadster-show-2006-005-cropped.jpg   Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)-seattle-roadster-show-2006-017-cropped.jpg   Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)-seattle-roadster-show-2006-006-cropped.jpg  

Old 03-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

Looks like it;s going to be a go for me, securing a room today, on the list for nautical, but doesn't look good.

The paint on that is just UNREAL!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)

Originally Posted by thisistank
... so that was yours... nice! did you look at this cali cig when looking?

Thanks....That boat in the link ("the pink flamingo") was actually for sale by.....
Tank
Thanks Tank, doing a Miami trip to look at two boats and have some family fun in April , and going from there... had to get the F350 first
Here's one at Bentley Powerboats, Inc did you see this one too?
http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine...&img=2&count=2
Old 03-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by terryandalexa
Here's one at Bentley Powerboats, Inc did you see this one too?
http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine...&img=2&count=2
I didn't see that one but the pics are at at Spinnaker Marina. I would think that thing would be a dog with only 496's in it. That's a HEAVY boat! You should def call Phil @ Lip-Ship Performance before you buy anything. Let him know your price range and what you're looking for and he will hook you up! Honest and fair.

305-933-9988
Old 03-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I will be there, but.... hitch-hiking on a Skater!

Look fwd. to seeing you three soon!

Quick Reply: Lake Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run (04-28-30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.