cig top gun vs 38 powerplay

Notices

cig top gun vs 38 powerplay

Old 03-02-2006, 08:28 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: cig top gun vs 38 powerplay

If someone was serious in buying a twin 525 boat, the new 36 pantera in the classifieds is a good buy. OK, its 1.5ft shorter than a 38gun.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thedonz
he's not up early , he just got home from partying, getting ready to go to bed

jr mike

I better wait to call him till tonight then.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
If someone was serious in buying a twin 525 boat, the new 36 pantera in the classifieds is a good buy. OK, its 1.5ft shorter than a 38gun.

No $hit. I saw that last night. Incredible price. Not many ammenities, but nice boat at nice price. I wonder what the deal is?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
I thought the mold for the 38 went to Sunsation and was stretched into their 43. Does Midnight Express have a 38 mold or is that 38 just a left over hull they got with the forclosure of Powerplay's assets?
Hey Ian;

I believe that Sunsation bought a set of powerplay parts and built their plug using the ''Dr. Frankenstien'' menthod.

I remember seeing that 38 Powerplay at the Miami boat show and thinking how nice and straight that it was. It was a real clean design. Too bad things went the way they did. I know that that boat is out there somewhere. If anyone has a picture or pictures of it, could you post them here?

Roger
Old 03-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider

i have no idea why that boat still hasn't sold. i have seen that boat in person and it's nice. the story behind it is that the original owner that bought from factory never even rode it. when it was built he wanted something else

jr mike
Old 03-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
If you don't mind me asking, why do you think that?
Old School,

The only problem with that hull was it couldn't accomodate a staggered set-up. Sunsation has stretched the hull and it is now set-up for staggered power up to 1075's. The swim platform was incorporated into the hull for an additonal 2 ft as well. Joe and Wayne are both perfectionists which is why that boat has taken like 2 years to build. The first one should be in the water in the next couple of months with another 4-5 by the end of the calendar year. If they were just trying to pump out a bigger boat without much concern for quality they would have had it done 18 months ago.

Sunsation bought a bare hull and the designs of the boat but the actual mold for the 38 went to Midnight Express which is why their 38 PP is just like the original 38 but with outboards.

I think Sunsation will be as successful with this F4 as they have been with their 25, 288 and 32's.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Call me and I will tell you the difference.
C'mon Steve ..... let's hear it here ???

Resale and T-shirts ... Definately Cig.

Haven't been in either one away from the dock ???

Midnight makes a nice big tough party barge / fish boat ... we'll see what comes of this 38 V in their hands ???

And the Sunsation should be interesting as well .....

JM
Old 03-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Registered

38PP is longer, wider, and deeper, and from what I've gathered just barely slower power to power.

I would take 38 PP, and I hope resale stinks so I can eventually afford one.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I like the 38 PP I saw in Miami a couple of years ago though it wasn't quite finished. Actually reminded me of the Cig in a lot of ways though it did feel deeper. I think it would be a great economical option to the Cig with similar performace characteristics. Wish they made more of them so there would be more on the market.

Sunsation took the 38 bottom and used it as a baseline to create a totally new hull. Take a look on the Sunsation forum and read thru the build process with pics. Definitely not your daddy's Chevrolet nor remotely similar to the original PP bottom.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Top Gun

Quick Reply: cig top gun vs 38 powerplay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.