Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices? >

Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Notices

Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

just to be a good sport... ill be your first customer... i play the miami vice dvds at my bar on 80s nite... your boat in front of my bar on said nite while not increasing my bus, but solidifying it would be worth 200.00 from 9pm till 2am... you tow it here pay ur own meals and hotel and im in...

hell ill go 300 for my 80s nite 3 yr aniversary later this month
Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now old Miami vice Ferrari Daytona may bring a few bucks. I watched Barret Jackson the night they auctioned Nash's Cuda. I beleive it was in the $140,000 range. The guy was planning to put it in this restaurant.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
does the seat that pamela anderson sat on still smell like dead fish?
CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I HEAR THAT AT THE BAR AND THE LAUNCH. STILL GETS A LAUGH OUT OF ME THOUGH.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My God I believe he IS serious!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Correct me f I am wrong, but these are the little 21's, right?

Miami Vice will be huge, no question. I am planning a few big events for some friends and clients. HeII, OSO Steve and I ran the OSO Gladiator as the SBI pace boat for the race that was filmed for and in the movie. So, I get the hype. Just not your idea.

But, good luck with it.
Did you run with Art Lilly? His shop does all the work for my boat and I know that he was also down there during the filming as well

I'm definately going to go for it, after all I really have nothing to loose. I look at it this way. What would you say if I told you I was going to take a metal spring, put it in a box, and sell it? Or if I said I was going to go outside, pick up a rock, put a tag on it that gives it a name and a personallity, and then sell it? Everyone would probably say I'm crazy. Tell that to the inventors of "Slinky" and "Pet Rocks". The other one is the Star Registry....naming a star....great idea! What the heck, I like the challenge and if nothing else helps me to enjoy MV a little bit more.

My buddy does a similar thing wth his "Back To The Future" Delorean replica and my other friend has a "Knight Rider" replica he uses all the time for school/educational events. They make some decent money during the summer months doing it as well. Heck my parents traveled 4 hours from central PA to Baltimore, MD just to see "The Boats Of James Bond" exibit at the Baltimore Boat show last month.

If it makes a couple of bucks good, if not no harm no foul I still get to enjoy the boat on the water which is the main idea of having the boat. I'll keep everyone in the loop. In the meantime if anyone wants to book an appearance.........

Last edited by ferraristyle; 03-03-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
just to be a good sport... ill be your first customer... i play the miami vice dvds at my bar on 80s nite... your boat in front of my bar on said nite while not increasing my bus, but solidifying it would be worth 200.00 from 9pm till 2am... you tow it here pay ur own meals and hotel and im in...

hell ill go 300 for my 80s nite 3 yr aniversary later this month
Dreamer

You pay also pay for my gas to get there and back from Annapolis, MD (about 800 miles so $150) plus the $300 for the appearance, total $450 and I'll be there 100%
Old 03-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ferraristyle
Dreamer

You pay also pay for my gas to get there and back from Annapolis, MD (about 800 miles so $150) plus the $300 for the appearance, total $450 and I'll be there 100%

thats my point... it doesnt work!!!! for u or me,paying u OVER 10% of my gross would be stupid and ur expenses and time would not be covered
Old 03-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

I think if you got Don Johnson or any of the stars of the movie out there with you you might stand a chance. But I feel very few if any care about the boat. Race cars are different animals. They are running in races now. Just recently at the area boat shows there was the boats of 007. Not many people were at the display and they had to pay to be in there. The space was free but all the setup they had to pay for. But, on the other hand I have seen some real stupid money spent on 'Hollywood rides and stuff'.
Either way it works out, best of luck to you.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
does the seat that pamela anderson sat on still smell like dead fish?
Dude!, I wanna party with you
Old 03-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Years ago (during the series), they had THE Scarab (that everyone knows) in Chicago, on the back of an 18 wheeler. The entire cast and the boat were doing a nationwide promotional tour... EXCEPT, Don Johnson and PMT. I was miffed the two main characters were not there.

The boat was bad-ass, especially to see it right there in front of you. My father has a polaroid of me at the wheel. I think I was 12.

I hate to rain on your parade FS, but I think if you advertised as a promotion "Come see the Miami Vice Boat" and you showed up with only a 21' stunt boat; you would have some angry attendees. Aside from the handful of folks nationwide that would want to see the 38 Scarab KV or even the Chris Craft Stinger, only 1-2% would even know a 21' Scarab had anything to do with the show; and you would spend most of your time explaining the relationship your boat had with the show. Its not going to be a money maker, and you are going to lose your voice. I'd like seeing Tony Stewart's Nextel Cup NASCAR for about 30 seconds, but his dirt track practice car is not going to flip my lid; especially if I can't drive either one.

Quick Reply: Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.