Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rolled Sunsation 4 Sale? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123927-rolled-sunsation-4-sale.html)

Big Block Billy 03-04-2006 01:37 PM

Re: Rolled Sunsation 4 Sale?

Why in the world would a boat of that caliber be equipped with Bravo's ?
It's just plain stupidity.
If it had #6 drives, It might be worth buying for parts. I think it's going for way too much money. Sure it's fixable, But there have been and will be way better deals.
Maybe someone already got the insurance money for it. So this is how they can go cheap ! BBB

BLee 03-04-2006 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Big Block Billy
Why in the world would a boat of that caliber be equipped with Bravo's ?
It's just plain stupidity.
If it had #6 drives, It might be worth buying for parts.

Why would anyone put 6's on a boat with 496's?

Big Block Billy 03-04-2006 02:01 PM

It shouldn't have them either. BBB

yss 03-04-2006 02:07 PM

Whoever ends up buying it, probably doesn't know the whole history of the boat. The info listed in the ad is less than complete - IMHO.

Big Block Billy 03-04-2006 02:17 PM

I would hope that they are at least XR's. I'd rather have my friend's 1982 38Kv Scarab with Konrads and 588, 750Hp motors. That sunsation is a great hull, but it really needs more power to contend with the other boats out there.
I mean it is a speed boat, and should not just look fast.
I'ts going for way too much. It's not exactly the cats meow the way it's setup. BBB

yss 03-04-2006 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Big Block Billy
I would hope that they are at least XR's. I'd rather have my friend's 1982 38Kv Scarab with Konrads and 588, 750Hp motors. That sunsation is a great hull, but it really needs more power to contend with the other boats out there.
It's not exactly the cats meow the way it's setup. BBB

It's trashed! The thing rolled and it was sitting in the muddy river broken in half!

Ca$hed Out 03-04-2006 05:57 PM

I seem to recall one of the Sunsation guys logging onto that first post (after the accident) and saying that the boat should not be resold as the hull was unsafe?

bouyhunter 03-04-2006 06:01 PM

I like the Sunsations, but this one looks like a mess, and going for WAY too much.
It was wrecked, It's gonna take alot to put her back together.
Never mind the power or drive choice - They are trying to sell it as a re-pairable boat.

I don't think it's repairable - unless it goes back to the factory.

I imagine Dave while chime in soon.

RHC 03-04-2006 06:54 PM

Take a good look at the boat Not the same boat.Damage is diffrent, One has transom dam near tore of the othe is just delaminated..On port side :cool:

CAP071 03-04-2006 07:00 PM

I didn't think it was the same boat. Unless they glued the other boat 1/2 way back to make it look better in the pics