Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices? >

Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Notices

Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

As some of you know I own one of the two 21' Scarab Stuntboats that was used during the '87-89' seasons of the TV show Miami Vice. It was later used as a promo boat at Universal Studios, Hollywood, which is where I ended up buying the boat last summer. Also did some TV work in an episode of "Double Dare" and "Fear Factor.

Anyway with the launch of the movie Miami Vice this July, I have plans of using my boat for guest appearance use. Such events would include boat shows, movie premiers, car shows, fairs/carnivals, regattas, car and boat dealerships etc. Last summer I used the boat last year to open the Lock Haven Labor Day Regatta in Lock Haven, PA which is my hometown where it was a big hit and earned a spot in the local papers and on the local news.

Anyway, I was trying to get some opinion on what you think I should charge as a rate for a boat onsite/appearance? Do you even think this would be a good idea? No chartering, everything will be done on the trailer. Very similar to going and seeing Tony Stewart's Nascar at a local Home Depot. I was thinking in the neighborhood of $150-$250/hour plus travel expenses.

Please let me know in any opinions you may have. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Bump
Old 03-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ferraristyle
As some of you know I own one of the two 21' Scarab Stuntboats that was used during the '87-89' seasons of the TV show Miami Vice. It was later used as a promo boat at Universal Studios, Hollywood, which is where I ended up buying the boat last summer. Also did some TV work in an episode of "Double Dare" and "Fear Factor.

Anyway with the launch of the movie Miami Vice this July, I have plans of using my boat for guest appearance use. Such events would include boat shows, movie premiers, car shows, fairs/carnivals, regattas, car and boat dealerships etc. Last summer I used the boat last year to open the Lock Haven Labor Day Regatta in Lock Haven, PA which is my hometown where it was a big hit and earned a spot in the local papers and on the local news.

Anyway, I was trying to get some opinion on what you think I should charge as a rate for a boat onsite/appearance? Do you even think this would be a good idea? No chartering, everything will be done on the trailer. Very similar to going and seeing Tony Stewart's Nascar at a local Home Depot. I was thinking in the neighborhood of $150-$250/hour plus travel expenses.

Please let me know in any opinions you may have. Thanks in advance.
Are you serious?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Are you serious?
i didnt want to be the firt to say it...LOL

must be the boat from the great mcarthy episode
Old 03-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Are you serious?
Something tells me he is.

Charge what you want. Getting it is another issue. You will discover if your price is too high because you will not get any bids, if it is low your phone will be ringing off the hook.

Personally, even the later will not happen. But I do not know anything about marketing.

Good luck.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by expresscat39
Something tells me he is.

ok MAYBE the 38 kv

but the boat from miami vice live?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Registered

No I am very serious on the questions. The series used approximately 8 boats during it's 5 year run on TV. The first season featured a 39 Chris Craft Stinger 390 (2), Seasons 2-5 used a 38 Wellcraft Scarab KV (4) and a 21 (actually 23 but no platforms) Wellcraft Scarab I (2). Mine is from season 4 and 5.

Here are some pics with Don and Philip on the boat, as well as an artist conception shot of my boat, as well as one of the two certificates of authenticity that I have with the boat

http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic...12_b%20(2).jpg

http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic...Flowers005.JPG

http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic...&pic=boat1.jpg

http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic...ic=c8_12_b.jpg

Any helpful input would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 03-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Registered

I am in marketing and promotion and let me tell you it's a fity fity shot wether or not you'll get booked. Who knows what, if anything you'll get. Some people may want to book it, but the only way to know for sure is to try and see.

As a complete aside that is a cool boat to own and partly responsible for my intrest in boats.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Registered

I liked the show back in the day, but no way in hell would I go out of my way to see the boat. Sorry. I would sure like to know what kind of businesses would be willing to hire at your mentioned rates. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 03-03-2006, 10:05 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed TSG.

Quick Reply: Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.