Notices

Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Old 03-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Is everyone planning to be at the Glen (outside)? I was there last Mem day, had a lot of fun.

Unsane,
We will probobly make it up there some time over the weekend. I'm not real comfortable taking my 35' boat in the Glen when it's packed on holiday weekend! Do you guys just hang out @ the entrance to the Glen? I take it, you will be in your 29 Fountain, let's see a pic!
Dean
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I was talking about the outside so they don't bother you with your beers and stuff. Plus, you're right, the inside is more crowded than a Chinese subway at rush hour. The Fountain is arriving Thurs. morning!!!!! I'll take some pics as soon as I get it on the water!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy,
That will be great if you can make it. As Dean said, the more the merrier. This is my first trip, so we will stay with Dean and family. I think it would be great if we could meet somewhere for lunch or dinner and the pool idea sounds like a winner. This could be a really good OSO weekend.

Dail
Old 03-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How's the dockage at Hontoon? I might want to snag a room now before the rush. Also, how far from the nearest/best ramp? I've only launched from Astor before & it's not my favorite with all the current there.

"New" boat is a 2001 Cig Playboy, I haven't used it since I picked it up in November. Tres has been through it with a fine tooth comb, so I plan on running it as much as I can this year.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Banned

The best launch on the river is at the county park where 17/92 crosses the river. It's a couple miles south of Hontoon.

Last edited by cuda; 03-08-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cuda
The best launch on the river is at the county park where 19/92 crosses the river. It's a couple miles south of Hontoon.
You mean 17/92, right? Or I'm all f'd up...

Roughly how long of a ride is it from there to Astor or Lk George? If the ramps are nice, with little current & plenty of parking, it might be worth the extra 1/2 hour or so drive down from 40. I really don't like the Astor ramp; fast moving water, no dockage & plenty of a-holes to go around. I had one guy hit my boat with his 30'+ cruiser while I was getting the truck & the g/f didn't tell me about it until he was gone. She didn't want me to cause a scene..... no doubt I would have beat his @ss in front of his family.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Andy0331

Roughly how long of a ride is it from there to Astor or Lk George? If the ramps are nice, with little current & plenty of parking, it might be worth the extra 1/2 hour or so drive down from 40..
Do you mean from 44? 40 is Astor.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

How's the dockage at Hontoon? I might want to snag a room now before the rush. Also, how far from the nearest/best ramp? I've only launched from Astor before & it's not my favorite with all the current there.

"New" boat is a 2001 Cig Playboy, I haven't used it since I picked it up in November. Tres has been through it with a fine tooth comb, so I plan on running it as much as I can this year.
Andy,
I believe every room in "River side Resort" comes with a slip that is right in front of your room. Here is hontoon's Ph. # 1-800-248-9743, make sure about the slip for every room gig.
Hontoon's has a SMALL boat ramp, John Cosker will be the only one who can use it with his ski boat. I go to the SR 44 boat ramp which right up the river, ~ 2 miles north of Hontoon's. Last year, I left the truck and trailer there @ the SR 44 boat ramp the whole time, this year I don't know about that, (Got a new 2006 F-350 ). Hontoon's can store smaller boat trailers, I don't know about your, mine and Baja Bennett's trailers?
As far as the Manatee Zones between 44 and 40 I believe, the only ones are @ each bridge! Cuda, help me out here.
I do know that the river run between 44 and 40 is the most awesome part of the run up to Lake George!
This is going to be a GREAT Time, we are probobly going to make this an annual boat trip for us! Hope to see you there.
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 03-08-2006 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Nope, your right it's 17/92! Cuda had a brain fart. Cuda, is that the ramp just north Lake Monroe where Callan Marine goes to test in Monroe?
Dean

Roughly how long of a ride is it from there to Astor or Lk George? If the ramps are nice, with little current & plenty of parking, it might be worth the extra 1/2 hour or so drive down from 40. I really don't like the Astor ramp; fast moving water, no dockage & plenty of a-holes to go around. I had one guy hit my boat with his 30'+ cruiser while I was getting the truck & the g/f didn't tell me about it until he was gone. She didn't want me to cause a scene..... no doubt I would have beat his @ss in front of his family.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Andy,
Congratulations on the new boat. Can't wait to see it. Since this is my first trip I will have to defer to Dean on your questions. When I made my reservations at Hontoons, I did inform them that I would need a slip. You might want to make sure when you make reservations.

Dail

Quick Reply: Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.