32.20%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Best BIG HP motor builder

Old 03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best BIG HP motor builder

Originally Posted by TRICK
Surely you guys that are so caustic and defensive in your remarks can understand how there might be a tad bit of confusion????

After all, there are ads all over for KEPP with Keith's picture on them. What are people suppose to think? Not everyone has the good fortune of having a personal relationship with Mr Eickert and knowing the inside scoop.

There's absolutly no doubt Keith Eickert is a great engine builder. There is however a great deal of confusion amongst consumers about where Mr Eickert works. Under the circumstances, I think it's understandable and not particularly worthy of a tongue lashing.

thats exactly what i was thinking, i mean really how is everyone supose to know who is who and who is building what over there these days (not a bash, i know they build quality products but i just agree its a bit confusing)
Old 03-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Registered

Biggie Marine Motors

632 CI Marine Crate Motors @ $15K

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8499.html
Old 03-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

WWW.PMEFI.COM
Attached Thumbnails Best BIG HP motor builder-pre.jpg  
Old 03-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Surely you guys that are so caustic and defensive in your remarks can understand how there might be a tad bit of confusion????

After all, there are ads all over for KEPP with Keith's picture on them. What are people suppose to think? Not everyone has the good fortune of having a personal relationship with Mr Eickert and knowing the inside scoop.

There's absolutly no doubt Keith Eickert is a great engine builder. There is however a great deal of confusion amongst consumers about where Mr Eickert works. Under the circumstances, I think it's understandable and not particularly worthy of a tongue lashing.
You beat me to it.....Have heard nothing but great things about KE..The person, but I'm not sure who is who right now?

After all the help Dean Gellner has given me {Free} He is my choice
Old 03-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered

There's obviously been plenty of confusion when KE uses his name for branding purposes. I think to most people who don't know any of the real story, that Keith Eickert is still involved with everything that has his name on it. So yes, I agree with Trick.

From what I've heard excellent engines, but maybe just a bad marketing strategy??

Anyway, I've heard good things about Teague and Pfaff...

Last edited by Harper220; 03-06-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:20 AM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the statment that their is some confusion, that is fine and understanable.. but my problem is that people make statments as a FACT, when its not even close, and I do get defensive with statments about Kieth as he has been railroaded and ran over many times in the past few years. as i also would defend you if someone was making statements that i knew were far from the truth!
This is a major problem on OSO false statements being made with no repercussions. I do not post about anything that I'm not SURE about... If every one did that we would have less problems here...James
Old 03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richie Zul, a classic, JC, Leon Dereberry,3600cat, all are up there., they build with good parts , experience, and a warranty. I also think Raylar and twin turbo yellow cat are up and comers. but you get what you pay for period, and yes all motors can break no matter who builds them.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:45 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's absolutely no doubt Keith Eickert is one of the two great engine builder out there & Richie Zul is the other.
End of story These Guys have done it all then its comes to building big hp engines that stay together. You see the other company out that build engines for a lot less and you get what you pay for junk.

This is just my $0.02

Rick OSG
Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm goin with Zul and Chief.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by nose candy
i have been in the offshore world for many years and never heard of this dude.how many championships has he won and with what?In my opinion Zul has won more offshore engine builder of the year awards than most and there is no denying his stuff dont break

If you don't know who Carson is, than you never seen any big hp turbo motors. He is the man when it comes to marine turbo's , he owns the right to all the Gentry Turbo stuff. Where do you think all the big name engine builders get there turbo stuff from.

Quick Reply: Best BIG HP motor builder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.