Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which boats would you consider selling? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124103-boats-would-you-consider-selling.html)

dean51267 03-05-2006 07:43 PM

Which boats would you consider selling?

I am with a client who has sold mostly fishing boats over the years, but is looking for an entry level recreational boat line to carry. I also have a client who sells Stingray's. I have been VERY impressed with the Stingray line, mostly in the quality to price mix. They have an 18' boat that runs 48 mph that sells new for $13,775, and it is a nice setup for an entry level boat, nice quality, nice finish, nice options, all that stuff. And at $13775 the dealer is not making a killing, but he is making a little money.

So anyway, I am wondering, is there more than one manufacturer with this quality to price mix? I am looking for a line a guy can sell to the entry level market. Thanks!!!

TeamSaris 03-05-2006 07:46 PM

Re: Which boats would you consider selling?

Chaparrral! Make a great Boat!!!

375stinger 03-05-2006 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
checkmate...great entry level sport boat, great for lakes, been around forever, and i sure like mine :evilb:

TeamSaris 03-05-2006 07:51 PM

LOL!!! That is the blondest hair I ever saw! :D :p

t500hps 03-05-2006 09:03 PM

Chaparral makes a GREAT boat but relatively expensive. A local dealer that sold hundreds of maxums every year switched to Chaparral 2-3 years ago and has done very well with them. For a mid level boat, I was very impressed with Rinkers price/quality mix. Larsons seemed as bad as Bayliners.

DISTURRRBED 03-05-2006 09:37 PM

Checkmates make great entry level boats and also have a great offshore line...

dean51267 03-06-2006 07:49 AM

bump.........

BillR 03-06-2006 07:55 AM

Sunsation - Nice bang for the buck. Not nany models so the dealer doesn't have to "load up" tp get a good representation. Customer service is reported to be good.

Fountain - Great boat, great history, well made, company seems to be on a upward trend.

Semper Fi 03-06-2006 08:31 AM

If I were to sell boats, it probably would be fishing boats instead of performance boats. I read somewhere that for every performance boats sold, there are like 7 fishboats sold.
Ideally, I would sell huge, expensive, yachts :D

dean51267 03-06-2006 08:57 AM

I am looking for the "entry level" sport boat line, fishing boats sell like crazy, but margins are VERY thin, I am confident some things my office is doing with several different industry players is going to drive demand in the entry level sport boat line, so I am just curious as to what lines fit that model.

Stingray makes a hell of a boat for the money, and I know there has to be others, so I am fishing a little for brand names. This sector of the market is one I do not know well.

Thanks for the input...