Like Tree0Likes

Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

Old 03-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 HUSTLER 50
Default Re: Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
This is one reason that I had muffelrs on my last boat and will have on my next boat. With the mufflers reducing the noise dramatically, you don't piss off people nearly as much. The motors still sound good, just not as loud. Sometimes too loud is just annoying. I remember when I used to work @ Dick Simon Marine and we would launch a performance hot-rod with big, loud exhaust.....people were always yelling turn that F*cking thing off.When you turned it off, they would start clapping and cheering!

Everyone has a right to do what they want, but those boaters that have very loud exhaust would be way better off reducing the noise for all of us.

What I can't undrstand for the life of me is why doesn't a motorcycle, specifiacally a Harley , have to to have mufflers to reduce the noise?
THE HARLEY POINT WAS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN THE MEETING THAT I ATTENDED IN SARASOTA REGARDING BOAT NOISE AND SPEED WITH NO REAL ANSWERS OR THOUGHTS. IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME THAT THEY CAN BE AS LOUD AS THEY WANT TO AND BE OPERATED ALL OVER TOWN AND AT ANY TIME AND NO ONE COMPLAINS BUT A PERFORMANCE BOAT OPERATED MOSTLY IN DAYTIME HOURS GETS THE COMPLAINTS. UNDERSTAND THAT I BELIEVE IN TOLERANCE FOR EVERYONES PARTICULAR HABITS IN MODERATION. WOULD I VOTE FOR A NOISE LAW POINTED AT MOTORCYCLES? ABSOLUTELY NOT. DO I THINK THAT THEY COULD BE MORE COURTEOUS IN CERTAIN AREAS AND TIMES- YES. THIS GETS BACK TO MY ORIGINAL COMMENTS. DOES A PERSON DRIVING A FLASHY EXPENSIVE VEHICLE ( CAR, BOAT, BIKE ETC ) REALLY NEED TO REV IT UP TO GET ATTENTION? THE GUY IN THE ELIMINATOR HAS A BEAUTIFUL BOAT THAT DOESNT NEED TO BE REVVED TO THE LIMITERS AT THE DOCKS TO GET ATTENTION. THE ONLY ATTENTION HE GOT WAS NEGATIVE FROM EVERYONE AROUND INCLUDING A FELLOW ENTHUSIAST.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs down Re: Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

This is exactly the kind of selfish, immature behavior that will result on in strict noise and speed laws being imposed on ALL of us!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Registered

Default Re: Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

We have a race boats with 525 's and if we change the headers to a different kind, we will get LOUDER.Yes.. Some performance boats are just louder than others, some with silent choice .Some just REVup Power and over and over for NOISE so they can get the feel of the power. Point being this guy was in the basin, REVIN up for no obvious reason and for to long lets say it shook the Boathouse. We took out the race boat and was in the basin several times and around the same time and we didnt make any ruckus like he did. We tested the race boat on late Sunday. Point being- just wanted to let the boat owner as a courtesy, please use common sense in our back yard. We all love boating but everyone needs to be aware of some NOISE problems and if they continue to REV UP in the basin our performance boats will hurt everyone. Hey- I've lived here a long time and boated so we are just trying to educate some new players to our area. Thats all. He just makes it harder for US performance boaters /racers just to test in our own backyard because of stuff like that PERIOD. Lets just play nice and be aware of the surroundings we are in.
See ya on the water this week.. Lisa Matthews ..
And yes, we hit some great numbers testing...
Old 03-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Registered

My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now

when i start my boat i let it idle at 2 grand for a few minutes till i get a little heat in the eng so it will idle down, i assumed thats what you meant when you said he was revving it up at the docks, anyone that revs a cold engine way up is an idiot! when i come home at midnight and flush my engines i never hear any crap from my nieghbors cuz there are several harleys in my area that are a lot louder than my boat.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Racer
Racer

My Boats: 1987 24 Skater, 2006 30 Skater

The boat in question has merc 496's to, NOT really the highest performance motors!
Old 03-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman
when i start my boat i let it idle at 2 grand for a few minutes till i get a little heat in the eng so it will idle down, i assumed thats what you meant when you said he was revving it up at the docks, anyone that revs a cold engine way up is an idiot! when i come home at midnight and flush my engines i never hear any crap from my nieghbors cuz there are several harleys in my area that are a lot louder than my boat.

Bro no one complains cause your the neighborhood bully
I agree who the hell revs a cold motor whether its a boat,
car, cycle what ever.
From the posts its reads as though he was either showing off
or doesnt know any better. Either way, being the location it
should not have been done.

The roar of a big ponies is cool but at the wrong time can
be very annoying.

Last edited by ChiToWn TapouT; 03-06-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

My Boats: .......32............. ...............Active Thunder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
The boat in question has merc 496's to, NOT really the highest performance motors!

Then there would be absolutely no reason to rev the engines other than to try and show off. Reving up 496's for 4 mins to show off only makes you look like an idiot. No reason that they need to be warmed up for than a minute at idle speed.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Same goes with sleds. Guys put the loudest pipes on, can't hear anything if they pull up at gas pumps. Then the locals get pissed and close their private land they used to let sleds use for our pleasure.

Just ruins it for everyone.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Hyatt is being torn down to be replaced by condos and high end shopping.

10th St. Boat Ramps are safe, in fact they have made improvements there including real bathroom facilities.

WHOA!!!

I have reservations for the Hyatt for this years SBI/APBA. When do they plan on converting to condos???

Here are a few photos from the Hyatt.

It is always a boater friendly stay..
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?-1p7040545.jpg   Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?-p7040551.jpg   Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?-p1070272.jpg  

Old 03-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Registered

My Boats: Boatless Right Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfatha
WHOA!!!

I have reservations for the Hyatt for this years SBI/APBA. When do they plan on converting to condos???

Here are a few photos from the Hyatt.

It is always a boater friendly stay..
Yes by the looks of the third pic it looks like a friendly stay