Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best place to buy marine AC system?? >

Best place to buy marine AC system??

Notices

Best place to buy marine AC system??

Old 03-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Best place to buy marine AC system??

Where's the best pricing?

I was looking at this unit.

http://www.marineair.com/pdfs/L-2124.pdf

Found it here for 1399.99

http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/w...atalogId=10051

Last edited by Shah Mat; 03-06-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Best place to buy marine AC system??

I'm thinking about getting one of these......but I can't seem to find anyone who has tried it. Would be nice to find someone!!!

http://www.bayairac.com/
Old 03-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

craig, i took look at that unit myself. i wonder how big a cooler of ice you would need to last a weekend? i plan to overnight some this summer on some of the little islands around here and dont think a good sized cooler of ice and beers etc would last more than a good afternoon in 90+ degree heat. is this the unit that someone said o/limits was installing in a lot of thier boats?
craig, have you had a chance to run your rig with the new mills yet? whats your top end now? did jc intall em too? let me know how it runs with the new mills, they do look sweet. rm
Old 03-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Rob
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Bayair system in my 39 Nor Tech and it needs a large cooler. The manufacturer says 70 quart. I only have room for a 20 quart and it only lasts about 30 minutes. The unit is a great concept but it needs a chiller or something because it goes through the ice way too fast!

Rob
Old 03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to them about this unit and they said about 80-100lbs of ice per night I think a reg unit run on shore power or small generator would be the way to go. You know you think to yourself that the bayair unit is so light and runs on 12 volts it would be great but with that much ice it doesn't sound too great. Unless your getting the ice where your staying and not more then 2-3 nights,although still seems like a pain in the azz..ok my .02 cents......you want change
Old 03-06-2006, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RLopez9014
I have the Bayair system in my 39 Nor Tech and it needs a large cooler. The manufacturer says 70 quart. I only have room for a 20 quart and it only lasts about 30 minutes. The unit is a great concept but it needs a chiller or something because it goes through the ice way too fast!

Rob
1/2 hour????

That pretty much rules that out! Just out of curiousity, how much did it cost?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
I talked to them about this unit and they said about 80-100lbs of ice per night I think a reg unit run on shore power or small generator would be the way to go. You know you think to yourself that the bayair unit is so light and runs on 12 volts it would be great but with that much ice it doesn't sound too great. Unless your getting the ice where your staying and not more then 2-3 nights,although still seems like a pain in the azz..ok my .02 cents......you want change
You are right. One of those Honda eu200 portable generators and a suitcase AC unit looks better and better!!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered

One of those Honda eu200 portable generators and a suitcase AC unit looks better and better!!
craig there were several companies at the miami show with really small units around 6 to 8k btu that i think would be the hot set up! maybe a few bucks more than a carryon but zero pain in the a to carry around and have bouncing around in the cabin while under way. i will probably mount one of the 6k units on a little brkt in the front v compartment in the bow, i figure it will help balance out some of the added weight of my blowers, intercoolers etc. then i'll carry the gen set on board when i go out on really hot days or overnight, i'll make a little bracket for the honda gen set in eng compartment with a heat wrapped exhaust going thru transum, plus in fl you need a gen set for huricane season
Old 03-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Registered

if you have to buy and deal with 100lbs of ice every weekend you can pay for a genset and on board unit in 2 seasons, one if your in fl and boat a lot
Old 03-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a 7k marine air unit in my boat last summer. Installed it under the front v-berth. I also got the honda e2000i to power it. The generator is extremely quite, and it will run my fridge, the AC, and my battery charger for about 7-8 hours on a gallon of gas.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy marine AC system??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.