Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Black Dash Restorer answer!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124157-black-dash-restorer-answer.html)

Boomer35 03-06-2006 02:59 PM

Black Dash Restorer answer!!

I was driving down to look at a job last friday outside the city of charlotte NC, near lake norman, when i drove by a little marine store that didnt appear as much. So curiosity takes me in. Ive been asking around the OSO board about how to bring my heavily faded and oxidized black dash back to life and had no good response other than "cant" or "paint it".. Well i asked the guy in the store and he showed me a product he just got at a boat show, only sold 2 bottles so far in the last few weeks, but swore to the product. Its a 2 step product, and i needed a brush and a pad to apply, total was about 75 bucks.. Its called P-M-P and im amazed at how well it works, applyed it this weekend and dash looks brand new, i just spent the last 5 minutes outside sitting on the sun pad staring at it.. Decided i had to spread the word.. If i can find a before pic ill post the before/after, but if anyone is in need of livening up there dash, this is your product, easy to apply, great results

Steve jr

formula31 03-06-2006 03:02 PM

Re: Black Dash Restorer answer!!

Interesting. Is it a coating or treatment or what? Will it fill or hide a tiny crack?

bpp944 03-06-2006 05:01 PM

Boomer, what's the name of the marine store?

88formula223 05-10-2006 08:56 PM

any pics yet Steve?

stecz20 05-10-2006 09:45 PM

pics...

Pantera1 05-10-2006 11:01 PM

The best thing fer them faded dashes is Hawaiin Tropic

tomtbone1993 05-11-2006 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20
pics...

is your dash already fading?????

Boomer35 05-11-2006 07:33 AM

i will get some pics, im not sure of the name of the store, but it is right across from West Port Marine up on 16... great store,

Pantera1 05-11-2006 07:39 AM

http://www.pmpluster.com/

Pantera1 05-11-2006 07:43 AM

Use P-M-P PREPARER - STRIPPER to thoroughly clean the surface of oxidation, grease, oil, etc. Stains must be removed. We recommend using P-M-P STAIN REMOVER. When the surface is dry, make sure oxidation and residue are removed. Note: If not removed, whatever remains on the surface will be sealed in after applying
P-M-P LUSTER FINISH. If oxidation remains after cleaning, scrub with 600 to 1000 grit wet-n-dry sandpaper. Last step not applicable for white surfaces.
APPLICATION: Make sure surface is thoroughly dry. Apply in an area that is as dust free as possible. If using outdoors, be sure to apply on a calm day to eliminate dust and dirt contamination. For best results, surface should be between 55 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit, and not hot to touch. Coats may be applied in direct sunlight. Pour a small amount of P-M-P LUSTER FINISH in a shallow container, saturate one applicator completely and then ring it out. Hold applicator flat to the surface and apply slowly with long straight strokes.

P-M-P APPLICATORS are designed to yield a more professional job. Avoid going over same area with an additional application until the previous coat is dry. Do not worry about slight streaking or disappearance during the first applications. Drying time should be at least 1 to 4 minutes seconds between coats. Not intended for use on automobiles or textured surfaces. Check for desired results with a small test area. Each coat will increase luster, therefore maximum appearance will require 4 to 5 coats. Allow completed application 24 hours for curing. Maintain with mild detergent or P-M-P WASH-N-WAX.
P-M-P LUSTER FINISH provides excellent protection for metals such as stainless steel, brass, bronze and chrome. Rub rails, handrails and deck fittings may also be treated to give long lasting protection.
P-M-P LUSTER FINISH improves the appearance and protects aluminum boats, outboard motors, dock boxes, tackle boxes, deck furniture, fishing tackle and other fiberglass products.Do not allow product to freeze. Available in quart cylinder bottles.
Avoid sodium hydrozide based cleaners. Avoid ammonia based cleaners. Keep out of reach of children
Should damage occur, POLIGLASS LUSTER FINISH may be touched up and color differences will blend within a week.