Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today? >

Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

Notices

Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

Old 03-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

This Fellow Boater Could Help Everyone Else That Lives Here By Showing A Little Respect. About Quarter To Seven Tonite At The Hyatt Basin This Blue And White Eliminator Fires Up And Spends 3to 4 Minutes Revving The Motors In His Slip Before Heading Out. As He Is Leaving He Lays Into Them Again On And Off Most Of The Way Out. I Realize That The Basins Days Are Numbered To The Public But Lets At Least Try To Make Whats Left Of Them A Little Easier On Everybody. Anyone From Here Knows That The Residents Of The Hyatt Basin Arent Big Fans Of Performance Boats And Actions Like This Just Add Fuel To The Fire. There Is A Time And A Place For This--not At Night In The Hyatt Basin On Sunday.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

6:45 PM = at night in the Hyatt Basin??????

What is it, a retirement community?????????????
Old 03-06-2006, 04:11 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

What is it, a retirement community??
no chit...sounds like he was warming his engines up a tad, perhaps you can talk him into paddling till he's out of ear shot in the future!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I think he is from St Pete.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

People just dont understand....Right or Wrong...This stuff is only going to hurt us. The "Antis" have way more numbers than we do.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCRAPMAN1
I Realize That The Basins Days Are Numbered To The Public But Lets At Least Try To Make Whats Left Of Them A Little Easier On Everybody..
What exactly do you mean days are numbered? Are they making it a no-wake zone? Are they closing the public ramp?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're having sound "issues" here in Sarasota. In response the city council at first wanted to impose a speed limit on Sarasota Bay, but in response a meeting was held and to try to compromise the reps for the boaters agreed to try to take it easy in certain areas with the noise.

No matter where you live there are always those who do not like what we do. And if we want to keep on doing what we do we need to take this fact into consideration and be willing to compromise or just "be nice" if it's in our own best interest.

On the very long list of the "losses" incurred by Sarasota because of local government always seeking more tax revenues, losing the Hyatt is at the very top of the list. Unless you want to move to "Snooty Condoville" Sarasota is not going to be the place people want to be.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
What exactly do you mean days are numbered? Are they making it a no-wake zone? Are they closing the public ramp?

Hyatt is being torn down to be replaced by condos and high end shopping.

10th St. Boat Ramps are safe, in fact they have made improvements there including real bathroom facilities.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last Meeting of complaints we had at my Coast Guard Station with the community was all about " These damn LOUD speed boaters"

Guess what the biggest complaint was? NOISE. Specifically high revving noise at the docks in the early AM and late PM. BINGO

I know I know People there that owned speed boats said " I have a right!"

Yea yea sure, for now you might have a right.

In case you haven't noticed almost every local waterway is now hunting down the noise making boats with new laws. When we loose these battles with noise laws we only can blame ourselves, or the people as mentioned in the post above. Most people who don't own a speed boat will look at this issue and say why do they need to make all that noise and vote for the law. So think next time you feel like reving you engine at the docks for NO REASON think about just idling around the docks
Old 03-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one reason that I had muffelrs on my last boat and will have on my next boat. With the mufflers reducing the noise dramatically, you don't piss off people nearly as much. The motors still sound good, just not as loud. Sometimes too loud is just annoying. I remember when I used to work @ Dick Simon Marine and we would launch a performance hot-rod with big, loud exhaust.....people were always yelling turn that F*cking thing off.When you turned it off, they would start clapping and cheering!

Everyone has a right to do what they want, but those boaters that have very loud exhaust would be way better off reducing the noise for all of us.

What I can't undrstand for the life of me is why doesn't a motorcycle, specifiacally a Harley , have to to have mufflers to reduce the noise?

Last edited by Semper Fi; 03-06-2006 at 08:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Know Who Was Driving A Blue And White Eliminator In Sarasota Today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.