Notices

Quit my job

Old 03-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quit my job

Originally Posted by 2112
Woody,

How do you get the word out on your books?
Mostly pay per click traffic from google,msn and overture, I write articles and submit them to article directories and I pay other people 55% to sell the books for me. I never pay more than 5-6 cents per click with pay per click traffic
Old 03-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Still Unemployed !!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry ...
Old 03-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Registered

Racegirl..I did talk to Nathan...sent resume and cover letter...he and I are gonna talk more..I hope... thanks for the help...Dave
Old 03-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Registered

Dave,

I have a friend looking for a residential Project Manager......If this is something your interested in let me know...

Mark
Old 03-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Registered

you bet I am Mark...do you have an e-mail address? I have a resume/cover letter I can send you...THANKS Dave
Old 03-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Registered

YO Mark..I'm intrested
Old 03-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

Sorry......just emailed you
Old 03-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Working for yourself is tricky, also. Don't let these guys fool ya.

You have to have passion, and time. Lots of both. At least to start. And you have to pick the right thing, also. Especially if you're formally educated. I know people that wanted to "be their own boss" and could walk into ABC Corp for 50k. Well, if they couldn't make $50k in their venture, they wouldn't do it. If you're making $50k working for yourself and by yourself, you don't get much free time. Working for the man allows added bennies that might work better for some people at some stages of their lives. At the same income, if you need time away with the family, etc, working for the man might be a good option. People say working for yourself (and by yourself) provides more time. WRONG. A. You always work for the customer, never yourself, B. You can't leave, because there is no "vacation" pay, it's lost income, and C. You realize the more time you put in, the more you get back out, so you work like a dog.

I've done both for many years. And for some of those years at the same time Now THAT is a time committment. If you can be lucky enough to grow a businses and have good employees, you can pursue other things as well. I'm one of those guys making a living on the net, and have been for years. In return for working 14-16 hour days (not an exaggeration, I worked and slept, usually 4-5 hours a night) for periods of years (not weeks or months) and bustng hump, we now have good employees and I take 10-12 weeks of vacation. Most people would have bailed long before turning a business into something. If you need a certain level of income, it's tough. I did not at that time. I do now, however. That changes a lot. Having said all that, the BEST times in the business were those long days growing it from nothing to a multi-million dollar business.

As others have said, do what you enjoy and feel passionate about. Then it feels less like work. And, times can change. What you may be passionate about today might not be that way in 20 years. If you do this, my experience is that the money will flow. Never fast enough, but it does flow. LOL!

Working for yourself is great, when you have a $50 mil company that runs itself. LOL! Working for the man isn't all that bad. Plus, a lot depends on your stage of life, personal situation, and tolerance for risk.

If you start a business, I'd always suggest what I did. Start it WHILE you have your 40 hour job. If you don't have the extra time over 40 hours to get it going, you won't be very successful if you left that 40 hour job to do it. I started a business after I got an MBA and was 27. I now have 8 month old twins. No way could I do what I did then now, even though I'm still only 27. LOL! I wish.... Keep in mind, if you start a business, you can't borrow money for stuff like boats and cars for 24 months usually.

You really have to assess all these things when making that decision. Good luck finding future income, whatever it may be.

Last edited by 32fever; 03-15-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered

Thanks Fever...good advice :