Notices

Quit my job

Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quit my job

The story.. I been employed 19 years for a Faith based non-profit, owner /operator/developer of Senior living communities. 14 facilities /4000 beds. Based outta Chicago /me in Cleveland..for 15 years I was the plant operations director of a 203 bed nursing home I ran 5 departments ,maintenance/housekeeping/laundry/purchasing/medical supplies, supervised 40 employees ,maintained a million dollar + budget.. last 4 years I was promoted to Corp. director plant operations/new construction/owners rep for 8 existing communities and 4 major- 20 million construction projects..east of the Missisippi...according to corp my projects have been the "best we've done" in quality comlpetion/budget...construction completed.. corp. down sizing (because building a 100 mil. project on Mich. ave in Chicago)..my imediate supervisor told me "to protect my family and if it was him..look for another job)..so 3 weeks I was hired by one of my general contractors who built two of my Ohio projects... I was hired as a project super..Mechanical/electrical/ plumbing on a 200 mil .art musiem reno/addition..I couldn't stand the job.. hated going to work..haven't slept in two weeks..seemed like a step backwards..I was the guy who hired G/C'S now I was working for one...and seemed to be the wippin boy... so I resigned yesterday and am unemployed.. AM I FRICKEN NUTS?...too arrgant ?? I tried my damnest to adjust.. but felt no "ownership" in that position..I am very detailed oriented and enjoyed mentoring my staff.. anybody need a deciated commited Plant operations /construction project manager ??...thanks for lettin me rant...Dave
Old 03-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Quit my job

I wish you luck..

I am just graduating from college and looking for a new job also... my current boss thinks I should stay with him as a computer technician, and work for $6.00/hr.... I'm fixing to have a degree in structural engineering, anyone hiring?

Ernie
Old 03-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a TON of money available online, I have been self employed for the last 6 years working online and am astonished by the sheer amounts of money to be made online.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

woody1 please elaborate.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
woody1 please elaborate.
Im just saying there is a ton of money to be made online, I will never again try selling a physical product online, waste of my time. I sell information. Information that can be immediately accessed and takes no energy from me. Take my latest venture for example, took 1 week to write and compile www.teachingfido.com I sell it for 27 bucks, and sell 10-20 copies a day.

Yes people could go online and get the needed info I have in my book for free, but I eliminate the hours they will spend gathering all the info in my book. So I filled a void, it's convienent, cheap and they like that.

my next book I predict will be my best yet. I use to be a mortgage broker for residential homes and I go into great detail on all the scams loan officers use to make more money on your purchase or refinance. We are aiming to sell 30-50 copies a day at 39.95.

So that's just from my point of view, the amount of money one can make online is increasingly bewildering. You will NEVER have job security working for someone else, that's my opinion anyway.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
The story.. I been employed 19 years for a Faith based non-profit, owner /operator/developer of Senior living communities. 14 facilities /4000 beds. Based outta Chicago /me in Cleveland..for 15 years I was the plant operations director of a 203 bed nursing home I ran 5 departments ,maintenance/housekeeping/laundry/purchasing/medical supplies, supervised 40 employees ,maintained a million dollar + budget.. last 4 years I was promoted to Corp. director plant operations/new construction/owners rep for 8 existing communities and 4 major- 20 million construction projects..east of the Missisippi...according to corp my projects have been the "best we've done" in quality comlpetion/budget...construction completed.. corp. down sizing (because building a 100 mil. project on Mich. ave in Chicago)..my imediate supervisor told me "to protect my family and if it was him..look for another job)..so 3 weeks I was hired by one of my general contractors who built two of my Ohio projects... I was hired as a project super..Mechanical/electrical/ plumbing on a 200 mil .art musiem reno/addition..I couldn't stand the job.. hated going to work..haven't slept in two weeks..seemed like a step backwards..I was the guy who hired G/C'S now I was working for one...and seemed to be the wippin boy... so I resigned yesterday and am unemployed.. AM I FRICKEN NUTS?...too arrgant ?? I tried my damnest to adjust.. but felt no "ownership" in that position..I am very detailed oriented and enjoyed mentoring my staff.. anybody need a deciated commited Plant operations /construction project manager ??...thanks for lettin me rant...Dave
I do a lot of work with small biz owners who need help getting direction on which way to steer their business, it always comes back to the personal stuff, ALWAYS. This game tehy call life is not about $$$, it is about you, get that straight and the $$$ will flow like a firehose.

Call me if you want to bounce stuff around, no fee for talking...
Old 03-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Registered

I couldnt stand working for other people.
If your not happy somewhere the best thing you can do is
leave.

Deans got a good idea.
Maybe some sort of consultant.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the power of OSO...thanks guys..
Old 03-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck in your search. workin for the man sucks! I know I've been doing it for 23 years.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could never work for someone again.. People suck !
Except for boaters

Quick Reply: Quit my job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.