Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Leesylvania state park--Ramps OK?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124369-leesylvania-state-park-ramps-ok.html)

OldSchool 03-08-2006 04:13 PM

Leesylvania state park--Ramps OK??

Does anyone know if they ever fixed the ramps at Leesylvania? I haven't been there in a few years, but I remember that Isabel tore that place up! :( I was thinking of dunking there this weekend instead of Pohick Bay. It seems that the only gas station around Pohick that I can get in and out of is closed for a complete renovation (Lorton Shell, just off I-95).
Is there a WaWa or Sheetz down by Leesylvania that I could get in and out of?????????? Gas is also about 20 cents cheaper once you get out of Fairfax county for some reason. :rolleyes: That'll save me about $50 on gas. :drink: :drink:

Thanks in advance,
Craig

offshoredrillin 03-08-2006 04:29 PM

Re: Leesylvania state park--Ramps OK??

I was there summer before last and they were fine.

groundsfordivorce 03-08-2006 04:29 PM

Hi ya Craig, I put in last year and I thought the ramps were great better than any I have used. Need a co-captain? as for a wawa the only one I know of that I think you can get in is the one across from Holly Acres, take the Prince William psrkway towards Manassas then take the Caton hill exit(the first exit) than go to minniville rd It's right there on the corner

Dave

Sydwayz 03-08-2006 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Does anyone know if they ever fixed the ramps at Leesylvania? I haven't been there in a few years, but I remember that Isabel tore that place up! :( I was thinking of dunking there this weekend instead of Pohick Bay. It seems that the only gas station around Pohick that I can get in and out of is closed for a complete renovation (Lorton Shell, just off I-95).
Is there a WaWa or Sheetz down by Leesylvania that I could get in and out of?????????? Gas is also about 20 cents cheaper once you get out of Fairfax county for some reason. :rolleyes: That'll save me about $50 on gas. :drink: :drink:

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Giant WaWa directly on the corner of Neabsco Mills Road (road to the park) and Rt. 1. (Make the left turn onto Neabsco Mills toward Leesylvania, and enter behind the station.)

They did dredge. They did extend the docks. The ramps are... eh, OK. Watch out for the holes dug by the damn bass boat powerloaders. You should be fine. I launched there most of last season. Its always shallow in there though. Aim for high tide.

Tarheel 03-08-2006 08:30 PM

Craig,

You can't get the Cig into that gas station on the corner. Its on the wrong side so you can't get back out onto Rt1. Turns are too tight, and its always crowded. There's a Shell station just north of the turn off on the right side but the price is always 20 cent a gallon higher. Get your fuel somewhere else on the way down.

We were at the park a week ago with the dogs. The ramps were fine but the water was way down. The wind was out of the Northwest and it had blown alot of water out of the river. If you can see that the water is more than 3 feet down on the rocks on the jettys around the basin, don't bother. Even with the drives trimmed out, you'll fill those motors up with mud. Saw it happen to a couple of newbys last season with overheated engines just outside the basin.

Say hey to Nancy.

OldSchool 03-08-2006 08:38 PM

Thanks Bill!! We're looking forward to seeing you all on the water soon!!!

James 03-08-2006 08:39 PM

I was down at the park two days ago - ramps are good - not too much trash in the river wind has been blowing it down river

Sydwayz 03-09-2006 12:07 AM

WOW Bill! Have not heard from you in AGES. I don't even think I saw you out last year. I hope all is well with you and Ana Ball. I am down in Richmond now, but hope to see you out on the Potomac sometime.

I have had Monsoon in that WaWa before, but it does take some jockeying. You cannot get back on Rt. 1 with a boat due to curbs. I have even used the station on the across the street, Citgo or something, which is INCREDIBLY tight, but you can get through there if you go easy and slow.

The WaWa that is across from the DMV and Strayer College is fairly easy in and out, but its on the west side of I-95. Its on the corner of Minnieville and Caton Hill Road.

Shah Mat 03-09-2006 05:09 AM

Craig.... You bastard

AND.. don't you need race gas for that pig, or does it run on banana peels now w/ JC motors? :D

Go past Neabsco Rd a few miles and there is a 7-11 on your right with a huge parking lot. There is also a stoplight there to make a left back onto rt 1 north to get back to Neabsco.

and BTW... you're a bastard.

OldSchool 03-09-2006 06:14 AM

:D :evilb: :D :evilb:

Banana peels??? No more race fuel for me, my new 500's just require regular gasoline!!! :drink: Call me when you have a chance Joey.

I may have to go on a scouting mission to check out all of these places. The Minneville place sounds like the easiest place so far...or maybe the 7-11, that could be a one-stop shop!! :drink: