Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
No boating this weekend, should i be pissed??? >

No boating this weekend, should i be pissed???

Notices

No boating this weekend, should i be pissed???

Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No boating this weekend, should i be pissed???

Ok Im not one to b*tch too much but tell me what you guys think.

I sent a part off to get reworked, called and talked with the company, and was told 3 day turnaround. the part got there right around the time of the show and was put off a week, no problem.

Anyway, Im told my parts will be finished and shipped out feb 24th or the 27th. I get a call on the 28th saying they will be going out. I asked when I first placed the order how i could pay for it and was told credit cards are fine, so its the 28th and the guy calls with a total. I go to give him my credit card number and he says there machine is broken. ok, so how do i pay you?? He said to mail him a check and he will go ahead and get my part in the mail so they will be there by friday to test on saturday march 4th. I said ok no problem, and was actually suprised they were going to go ahead and send it without payment, but somewhat understood with the cc machine down.

So i had a question about my part and emailed them on the 2nd of march to ask a curiousity question, and i get an email back saying he tried them on the dyno and saw nice gains. Well thats good,but wtf i thought they were on the way to be there for my sat testing??? we talk and he says store policy is to not let anything leave the shop without payment. i understand that, but how do i get them the freakin money??? so he suggests western unioning the money and it only cost a couple of bucks. He even goes above and beyond saying he will overnight the parts at no expense to me, so i can test. WOW. I told him i had already cancelled the mechanic for the weekend, so dont overnight them, and just send the out ground. well i go to western union and its $43! forget that, so i mailed out a check, and talked with him.

So they call yesterday, saying they are getting ready to ship them out. The check should have been there monday or tuesday and i dont know when they got it, but i asked if they could ship them out 2 day and i would pay the difference. They say no problem. So i get my tracking number and check it this morning, and they freakin shipped it ground to be here monday morning. WTF? now i have to call the mechanic again. I am so pissed right now.

what could i have done different? maybe i should have paid the western union, but i dont think there credit card machine being down is my problem, but i guess it is. no boat testing this weekend.

Oh i just remembered, i have some props coming from throttle up to test that are due back before i can test, so now i get to eat shipping both ways to throttle up.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: No boating this weekend, should i be pissed???

You have every right to be pissed anytime a business takes your money in exchange for services performed by a due date, and the deadline is not met.

If they said 3 days, it should be 3 days - no excuses. If there's a show coming up, don't say 3 days.

It's better to under-promise and over-deliver, than over-promise and under-deliver.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even with there credit card machine done they could have takin the number and authorized the account and sent out your parts. I had that same problem this week, had the authorization numbers sent out the parts charged the cards with the numbers after CC machine was straightened out. Maybe his CC contract got terminated??? Sometime sh!t happens I can surly atest to that, good luck.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Registered

Damn, its been a couple of hours and im still fuming. i was going to call and freak out on him, but that doesnt do any good.

on top of all that, i had a chance to take a tactical class that they do twice a year, and i was on the standby. the guy calls me this week to let me know there is an opening. i went back and forth about they class or testing and tuning on the boat. the boat won, and now im not doing either one.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad deal..... on the 28th i would of just sent them a check by priortiy mail ($4 bucks, 2 days) , but that is hindsight.... sounds like the shop should of communicated a little better about their payment and shipping policys, not to mention gave you a more real world time frame....

but in the end sounds like a typical marine deal.... sucks.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
bad deal..... on the 28th i would of just sent them a check by priortiy mail ($4 bucks, 2 days) , but that is hindsight.... sounds like the shop should of communicated a little better about their payment and shipping policys, not to mention gave you a more real world time frame....

I hear you. In hindsight, i would have paid the $43 for the western union fees. just doesnt seem right though.

maybe a call (a few days before shipping ) to say, hey man my cc machine is broke, can you send a check so there wont be a holdup on your parts going out.

Last edited by BajaRunner; 03-09-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Registered

and another thing, they told me they WERE shipping them out on the day that we talked and the cc machine was broke. I didnt find out till later when i sent him an email asking a question about the work. i had already assumed since they told me, they were on the way.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:36 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
I hear you. In hindsight, i would have paid the $43 for the western union fees. just doesnt seem right though.

maybe a call (a few days before shipping ) to say, hey man my cc machine is broke, can you send a check so there wont be a holdup on your carbs going out.
i agree with you, a few well place phone calls from them would of problaly solved this... i am guessing its a smaller shop?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Registered

i agree with you, a few well place phone calls from them would of problaly solved this... i am guessing its a smaller shop?
its an advertiser on this site.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:42 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
its an advertiser on this site.
kiss this thread goodbye...

have you called throttle up to see if you can keep the props a little longer?

Quick Reply: No boating this weekend, should i be pissed???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.