Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   First run of the year (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124696-first-run-year.html)

t500hps 03-12-2006 06:45 PM

First run of the year

3 Attachment(s)
Mid 80's today and had to splash the boat...Here's a few pics of Runnin Gun's new 42 Sonic (and one of my 3 kids)

HiPerf2000 03-12-2006 08:27 PM

Re: First run of the year

Probably not the safest thing standing up on the sunpad while running. If the cops/coasties would have seen that, your buddy would be in some trouble.

Nice Sonic though ! How fast does it run.

yss 03-12-2006 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
Probably not the safest thing standing up on the sunpad while running.

I can't believe the guys on the board haven't gone bananas over this pic yet.

t500hps 03-13-2006 05:44 AM

Yeah, I though it was odd that a bunc of experienced boaters would ride like that....(You know who you are) Twin carbed 500's supposedly runs 70 :rolleyes: We keep teasing Terry that it's a 65 mph boat :drink:

runnin gun 03-13-2006 11:55 AM

Russ dont hate, I cant help it will still out run yours. The engine have over 400 hrs also. As for riding on the sunpad I guess it just as dangers as jumping out of the water but thats cool till you slam somebody into the dash on the landing. And the law calls that reckless boating. You would be in the same situation.

Terry

fund razor 03-13-2006 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by yss
I can't believe the guys on the board haven't gone bananas over this pic yet.

Somebody tell me it's photoshop.

I don't want to believe that somebody actually let a passenger do that.

Mikey Likes It 03-13-2006 12:24 PM

On the sun pad holding a kid with what appears to be no life jacket. Thats worse than Michael Jackson hanging a kid over a rail. Yes I compared that pic to Michael Jackson!

docmanrich37 03-13-2006 12:28 PM

There is 2 boats there and the kid is on the other boat with a pfd.Here we go again.

t500hps 03-13-2006 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by famous12345
On the sun pad holding a kid with what appears to be no life jacket. Thats worse than Michael Jackson hanging a kid over a rail. Yes I compared that pic to Michael Jackson!

The only children on the Sonic was the 12 yr old mentality of a couple of the passengers. :eek: :drink: These guys rode up there while we had several miles of river completely to ourselves. Everyone on that boat was 30 yrs or older. Docman is right, The kid in the last pic is one of mine on my boat, not the Sonic.

Reckless32 03-13-2006 12:49 PM

Nice boat Terry and yes it was a beautiful day/weekend. In the 80's again today. I was stuck doing post-winter yardwork and hosting a visiting sister-inlaw. Got to fire up the Barbie but not the motors. I'm actually getting ready to head outside and do a little cleaning on the interior and bilge area. Unfortunately next weekend will not be as steller as the past but I do have lots of things to accomplish before start the boating fever. See ya soon though.... ;)