Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Finally!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124701-finally.html)

UNSANE 03-12-2006 07:21 PM

Finally!!!!

First run in my 29'.......yippee!!!! Need to figure out why depth sounder isn't working though. Has power but won't register. Sensor maybe??? Anyways, the reason I dare post a thread about a bling bling beak boat in General is because I know some of you up north are about ready to explode and yall (that's southern for yous guys) have been asking for vids, so here one is. Ran it to 72 before I ran out of revs. I guess a labbed 28 isn't big enough, still had a quarter throttle left. I'm working with T.U. to get it dialed in but it was a lot of fun nonetheless and I'm very happy to be a part of this kind of boating. Extra bonus: I can even launch, dock and drive up on the trailer all by my lonesome at a crowded ramp :drink: Here's the vid, hit 72 right before he turns the camera foward........Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCd-e5Fx_vg

OldSchool 03-12-2006 07:30 PM

Re: Finally!!!!

Congrats!!!!

boomer 03-12-2006 07:42 PM

Nice sounding boat, just go over your video instructions before hand next time :drink: . Good Luck

UNSANE 03-12-2006 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by SERIOUS
Nice pee before you take off what power??

525EFI: This vid was actually shot at the end of the day, so I had some seat time in it. Spent more time on it today as well. Taking the turns very conservative, but I can't tell the difference yet with the step. Thought I would be sliding all over the place but that's not the case. Hope to get more "real" video soon!

ChrisK 03-12-2006 08:16 PM

This was a GREAT weekend for running... just wish I still had a boat to run!... Oh well, there will always be another boat!

BRUCE SEROFF 03-12-2006 08:19 PM

i thought, by your avitar, you bought the offshore addiction boat. i was gonna say you should be running close to 80.

goodluck wit da beak boat

GOODT 03-12-2006 08:22 PM

as former fountain dealer tech... the 29 w/525 is one hell of a boat great ride, great handling, and fast, but hey we already know that..... after all its a Foutain!!!!!! :evilb: :evilb:

cuda 03-12-2006 08:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was going to go to that same ramp today. I wish I would have. I dinged my prop at Lake Beresford today as I was trying to back out of the ramp. :(

kjm5125 03-12-2006 08:47 PM

Nice video! :drink: I'm jealous, living in Ohio, I have another month before my first run! :(

Pantera1 03-12-2006 08:52 PM

More trim !

375stinger 03-12-2006 08:54 PM

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :cool: like the dash

RollWithIt 03-12-2006 09:11 PM

That was cool.. Really makes me look forward to spring

UNSANE 03-12-2006 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
i thought, by your avitar, you bought the offshore addiction boat. i was gonna say you should be running close to 80.

goodluck wit da beak boat

I found that pic off the partyboating website and thought it was the coolest in the world. It was a helicopter shot and the pic was taken at the perfect moment. I wish I had those skills!!! But now I will have to work on them. I hope to meet some of you guys when you're down this way racing and stuff. I'll get the non labbed 28 in the mail soon (dealer forgot prop) and get another baseline run. Will be working with Julie to find the right one. Yes Pantera, more Trim :drink: and Cuda, we'll hook up soon. I saw a blue and white old school formula out there today along with a 40 footer...I don't know what... talked to the guy at the ramp but only asked about his power, said it was 600s. Boat was all white with APBA and Express on the side. Middle bow rail like a Baja, but I don't think this was a Baja. Cuda, do you know a boat like this? Sorry about the prop, water levels low, ran aground with my Stingray last week. Now I need a prop refinished and I have to deal with a skeg...Speaking of Baja, got my first comment from a Baja owner........wasn't exactly flattering.........something about my boat's engine not starting and to just move it to another part of the dock so he could load.........only took him 3 times to drive it on the trailer :D :D It was a good day...

Outdrive1 03-12-2006 10:08 PM

Man, I can't wait to get mine back together............. :mad: I remember those days.

Need-the-Speed 03-12-2006 11:00 PM

Great Vid! Congrats on the Ride. In about a month I have to go to NC to pick up my (new to me) 29. 01' 500efi. Fun Boats.

DollaBill 03-13-2006 07:17 AM

Should see 80+ no problem. Wrong prop. Boat will run 82-83 extra light and no gas (trust me :))

CAP071 03-13-2006 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
That was cool.. Really makes me look forward to spring

I second that :D