Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don't laugh I need a Pontoon boat recommendation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124765-dont-laugh-i-need-pontoon-boat-recommendation.html)

saubouin 03-13-2006 03:20 PM

Don't laugh I need a Pontoon boat recommendation

It's not for me I swear! :D

A buddy of mine needs a recommendation for a good pontoon boat. He has a house at the WISP resort in Deep Creek - Cumberland, MD.

I guess reliablility & quality would be most important here. Give me a couple of brands you guys can recommend that have any personal experience with this sort of stuff. Needs to carry 10-12 people and tow kids on tubes.

If you guys could recommend some top of the line as well as upper mid quality brands that would be great.

Lake Regulations limit sizes to 30 feet or smaller.

Thanks!

CMG 03-13-2006 03:26 PM

Re: Don't laugh I need a Pontoon boat recommendation

BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! :chimp: :chimp: :chimp: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

sorry, couldn't resist.

TeamSaris 03-13-2006 03:27 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D How am I supposed to know about this stuff. Or anyone else!!! :D

saubouin 03-13-2006 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! BAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA!!!! :chimp: :chimp: :chimp: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

sorry, couldn't resist.

:D Don't sweat it I was laughing while I was typing the post. He's a good friend of mine and I don't know who else to turn except you bunch of smart asses! :D

Apple a day 03-13-2006 03:28 PM

Pontoons can be fun. The main thing is to get a "triple toober" with at least a 150hp outboard or small block mercruiser. Look at Playcraft or Bennington.

BROWNIE 03-13-2006 03:29 PM

I have an 18' Fiesta pontoon with 70 HP Yamaha named "The Widowmaker"

velocitoy 03-13-2006 03:38 PM

...BENNINGTON....... makes the best pontoon boat out there...PERIOD...Slow cruising or 55 mph tri-toons...BENNINGTON...float, fish, swim, or ski from the privacy of your living room...............................

betitbig 03-13-2006 03:42 PM

Don't laugh, I WANT a pontoon boat, and it would be for me...

Fountain38SC 03-13-2006 03:44 PM

Best advice I can give a potential pontoon buyer - DON'T DO IT!!

crazyfast 03-13-2006 03:47 PM

Crest pontoons are really the best boat for the buck,Harris and Crest were 2 brands I carried in Michigan. Big toons,stable thrubolted deck, long welded stringers for tube attatchments.Great keel,and great bow (resistent) nose cap.