Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who Does Performance Engine Work In St. Louis?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124865-who-does-performance-engine-work-st-louis.html)

cherrycobalt262 03-14-2006 01:07 PM

Who Does Performance Engine Work In St. Louis??

Looking to do some mods to my engine and was wondering if anybody can recommend somebody?

Wild 03-14-2006 01:12 PM

Re: Who Does Performance Engine Work In St. Louis??

I have heard that CPR at the lake is a great place. Never delt with them, just hearsay

Wild

cherrycobalt262 03-14-2006 01:17 PM

who is CPR??

Wild 03-14-2006 01:26 PM

This is a quote from a respected OSO member when i asked the same question

"CPR is Central Power and Rigging of the Ozarks. They are located down D
road in Osage Beach. Scott and Ruben. Ruben used to do the supercat
rigging and head mechanic for Big Thunder, Scott is the lead guy. They
maintain a lot of the performance boats at the lake. Not cheap but they are
very good.

When I was there last week there was my boat, at 42 GTX Outerlimits, 2 42
Fountains, the GCS mortorsports Cat, a 50 foot Nortech and a smaller 36-40
cat in the shop. There e-mail is [email protected] "

Hope it helps

Randy Wild

Wild 03-14-2006 01:28 PM

or try these guys in ILL, i have heard they know something about boats :D :D

http://www.nautiboats.com/Company.htm

Wild

Rebel_Heart 03-14-2006 01:29 PM

Lake of the Ozarks isn't very far. Lightning Performance is a great shop to do anything that you might want to have done. Gene is the owner and does a great job.

Tbonepmp 03-14-2006 01:54 PM

Give CPR a call... 573-348-1414
Ask for Scott or Ruben.
Regards,
Tony

FunHome 03-14-2006 01:57 PM

What about Competition Marine?? Aren't they in St. Louis??

birdog 03-14-2006 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by FunHome
What about Competition Marine?? Aren't they in St. Louis??

I wouldnt let them rebuild my hair dryer

cherrycobalt262 03-14-2006 02:44 PM

Thank you for all of the great info. :D :D

cherrycobalt262 03-14-2006 02:55 PM

Just got an email back from Nauti-Marine and David Scott said "Scott,
We don't get into engine/drive modifications other than our own. Sorry but you will need to contact someone else.
Nauti Marine Inc." :(

birdog 03-14-2006 03:00 PM

Bring them here to Cincinnati...We have the guy. No BS & smoke up the rear like.......

CAFE 03-14-2006 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by birdog
Bring them here to Cincinnati...We have the guy. No BS & smoke up the rear like.......

Who would that be??

KiloKat 03-14-2006 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by cherrycobalt262
Just got an email back from Nauti-Marine and David Scott said "Scott,
We don't get into engine/drive modifications other than our own. Sorry but you will need to contact someone else.
Nauti Marine Inc." :(

Scott - since you're located in Belleville, have you thought about contacting Gruninger's Performance Marine in Pontoon Beach? Clark's number is 618-797-2628. The kind of work you described in your e-mail is something they should be able to handle (not sure about your Bravo3 though). Otherwise, CPR mentioned above is good as well as Advanced Marine (573-216-1850) at LOTO. Hope this is helpful.
Dave Scott :drink:

mrhorsepower1 03-14-2006 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by birdog

Or send them to Cleveland,Ohio a bit futher north...... :D

Sydwayz 03-14-2006 04:59 PM

Do NOT have any work done by Bruce Dudley... if he is even still around. BAD experiences here on OSO in the past few years.

HABITUALVIOLATR 03-14-2006 06:38 PM

Mark Kinser Racing Engines, Des Moines, Iowa. Mark Has Built Dozens Of Marine Engines Most Of Them Are In Boats Of All Sizes Roaming Lake Of The Ozarks. From Mild To Very,very Wild. His Phone Number Is 515-986-4500. By The Way Mark Is A Boater Him Self And Has A Place At The Lake.

cherrycobalt262 03-14-2006 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Scott - since you're located in Belleville, have you thought about contacting Gruninger's Performance Marine in Pontoon Beach? Clark's number is 618-797-2628. The kind of work you described in your e-mail is something they should be able to handle (not sure about your Bravo3 though). Otherwise, CPR mentioned above is good as well as Advanced Marine (573-216-1850) at LOTO. Hope this is helpful.

I have to admit, I am getting very discouraged about doing this project with a bravo 3. Many opinions are leaning towards blowing out the outdrive, and I obviously am not too much into that idea. However, if i find a great deal on a 1.5:1 bravo 1, maybe I'll do it... just can't make up my freakin mind.... I got the need... the need, for the speed... its like uhhhhh, crack? Kilokat, thank you for the info. I have not heard of them before!!

birdog 03-15-2006 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
Or send them to Cleveland,Ohio a bit futher north...... :D

Yep.....There is another guy I am very impressed by...
Dean Gellner. Another "Straight Shooter"

Payton 03-15-2006 07:26 AM

I bought my boat from Gruninger's. They were very nice to deal with. If he can't help you, I would bet he could stear you in the right direction.

puder 03-15-2006 11:15 AM

bruce did screw a couple of people pretty bad. HOWEVER he did good engine work when he acually did it. I was one of the few people not to get screwwed by him and my engine runs very well.

SinkorSwim 03-15-2006 11:35 AM

Central Power & Rigging :drink:

Still waiting on my t-shirt.... :D

itilldo 03-15-2006 12:10 PM

I had Gruninger's ( Zeck) work on my motor for my Seebold Eagle and they did a fine job.

Shallow Minded 03-15-2006 03:52 PM

I'd give Gruninger's a call, Clark seems like a pretty good guy. I haven't had any work done there, but when the time comes, they'll probably be my first call. Might be the most convenient for you, too.

Blow-N-Thunder 03-16-2006 11:35 AM

Advanced Marine (573-216-1850) at LOTO.

I agree. I don't know what kind of modifications your are wanting to add. But they completed the upgrades on my Gen V 502's. They added inconnell (sp) valves, Whipples and fresh water pick ups to my motors and they are still very turn key. I have been very impressed with their work and Steve will treat you very well.