NH Senate Sinks HB162!!!   15-9 Vote!!! >

NH Senate Sinks HB162!!! 15-9 Vote!!!

Notices

NH Senate Sinks HB162!!! 15-9 Vote!!!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NH Senate Sinks HB162!!! 15-9 Vote!!!

Congrats guys, nice work.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congtats!
thats good news for all boaters.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:16 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
... I also have to say that more boater education has to continue to make our waterways safer.
You guys have to realize that the people who are trying to pass these laws DO NOT CARE ONE BIT ABOUT ANYONES BOATER EDUCATION OR SAFETY they want to legislate your life into their warped left wing save the whales and kiss a spotted owl while I drive drive my electric powered car 12 miles to eat tree bark thinking, and when you modify your behavior because of their warped efforts they already have won.

Screw them and the battery powered windmilled sailboat they and their communist sandals wearing friends rode in on.

I feel a little better now.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations everyone. It was a hard-faught battle, your perseverence paid off.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
You guys have to realize that the people who are trying to pass these laws DO NOT CARE ONE BIT ABOUT ANYONES BOATER EDUCATION OR SAFETY they want to legislate your life into their warped left wing save the whales and kiss a spotted owl while I drive drive my electric powered car 12 miles to eat tree bark thinking, and when you modify your behavior because of their warped efforts they already have won.

Screw them and the battery powered windmilled sailboat they and their communist sandals wearing friends rode in on.

Sheesh, you're starting to sound like me....
Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

I just went over to Don's site and spent about half an hour there. The entire sub forum dealing with HB162 is in "Lockdown"....

I was actually surprised at the minimal amount of whining there. Mostly it's "we put up the good fight" (if you call lying, distorting fact, making up "fact" and ignoring reality putting up the good fight...) and we can all learn from this.

This issue will be back make no mistake about that.

One poster even accused our group of buying the senate off with political contributions.

Guess it never occured to him that the true facts just did not support the passage of that bill.

Don bounced me out of his "sandbox" over a year ago for being MUCH nicer in his Forum than his resident rubberheads ever were to me. Hijacked threads from here is what he used as the excuse I guess. I fully admit I wasn't quite as nice here.

For all those over on that site, I am going to just grin and believe that their losing their speed limit was partly for getting me tossed.... (I know that's not true at all, but it makes me feel good anyway.... )
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH

GLH,

I agree with you 100%, I don't care about what they think. I just think that the education will help keep them off our backs in the future so they don't try this again.

DK
Old 03-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally a victory for the good guys!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

What marinas do you want to work with?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:01 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Boating Industry
Friday March 17, 2006

CONCORD, N.H. - The New Hampshire Senate killed a bill yesterday that would have set speed limits on all of the state's lakes and rivers, the New Hampshire Union Leader reported in a story on its Web site today.

The Senate voted 15-9 to defeat HB 162, which would have imposed speed limits of 45 mph during the day and 25 mph at night, the newspaper reported.

The bill was originally a proposal to limit speed on Lake Winnipesaukee, but after studying the issue through last summer and fall, a House committee expanded the limits to all bodies of water, including tidal waters. The House passed the bill 193-139 last month.

Opponents of the bill said the state does not enforce current laws that require boats to travel at reasonable limits, and doubted whether enforcement would improve if the bill passed. They argued that congestion is more of a problem than speed.

Those who wanted the limits said boat makers are marketing boats in the Lakes Region that can reach up to 90 mph. They said the public is becoming increasing afraid to take to the lakes on weekends, when traffic is highest. A poll published by the New Hampshire Lakes Association last month found that 84 percent of those surveyed thought speed limits would make state waters safer, and 63 percent favored the 45/25 mph speed limits, according to the story.

Dick Smith of Hancock, N.H., with the New Hampshire B.A.S.S. Federation, which worked against the bill, said the limits would discourage visitors who own high performance boats from coming to the state. That would hurt businesses around the lakes, he said.

“It would be crazy to invest 40,000 or $50,000 in a boat and not be able to use it,” Smith told the Union Leader.

Senate Majority Leader Robert Clegg said after the vote, “I would classify this as 'feel good' legislation that had no chance of ever being enforced nor adhered to.”

Quick Reply: NH Senate Sinks HB162!!! 15-9 Vote!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.