Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Did it again, more customizing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125412-did-again-more-customizing.html)

US1 Fountain 03-20-2006 07:42 PM

Did it again, more customizing

A little more customizing by Jerry's backyard machine shop. :D

1) A depth gauge that doesn't read depth
2) The plain Jane Sony stereo remote
3) Same remote, but with a SS ring I made with a bezel to finish it off

US1 Fountain 03-20-2006 07:46 PM

Re: Did it again, more customizing

Sure glad my machining skills are better than my picture taking ones.

All the important gauges easy to read. The unimportant ones are behind the steering wheel :rolleyes: At least they are uniform with the wheel.

I can operate the remote just by reaching thru the spokes w/o taking my hands off the wheel.

Payton 03-20-2006 08:23 PM

That looks pretty good Jerry. I'll bet you'll see one out in next years Livorsi catalog. :cool:

pullmytrigger 03-20-2006 10:43 PM

Like...........what can I say Jerry??? :drink:

Marginmn 03-20-2006 11:22 PM

Check out the first pic, If we could come up with a Teeny Tiny Steering wheel that didn't block the guages we could make a fortune selling it to fellow Fountain owners :)

BillR 03-21-2006 07:02 AM

I've got the same Sony remote. How much would you harge to make me one?

That looks SWEET!

Downtown42 03-21-2006 08:54 AM

looks good!

Too Old 03-21-2006 08:59 AM

Nice stuff Jerry!

US1 Fountain 03-24-2006 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by BillR
I've got the same Sony remote. How much would you harge to make me one?

That looks SWEET!

Bill,
Sorry haven't gotten back to you.
I had enough material left over to make another one, so I did. :) If you are still interested let me know, one way or another. You have 1st dibs. I have right at 2 hrs in it, so I'm thinking $60 + shipping. If you are not sure about the quality, I'll send it to you, if you like it send me a check. If not, send it back.

Better close ups. Click on the picture, then again in the lower right corner to get a full size.

BillR 03-25-2006 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Bill,
Sorry haven't gotten back to you.
I had enough material left over to make another one, so I did. :) If you are still interested let me know, one way or another. You have 1st dibs. I have right at 2 hrs in it, so I'm thinking $60 + shipping. If you are not sure about the quality, I'll send it to you, if you like it send me a check. If not, send it back.

Better close ups. Click on the picture, then again in the lower right corner to get a full size.

Thanks! You have a PM!!!!
They look sweeet!
:drink: