Notices

Calling OSO Steve!!

Old 03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling OSO Steve!!

Hey Steve,

I think I met you at the Clevelander? You were standing by the bar with that good looking latin girl? Anyway I'm buying a trailer out of state in a few days that once belonged to you. 2002 South Florida Aluminium. The seller (Josh E.) doesn't have the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin and the state of Florida is telling me I need it to get my tags/registration. You wouldn't happen to still have that would you. I know this is a longshot. Let me know if you can be of any help.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

Default Re: Calling OSO Steve!!

Tell DOT that you made the trailer your self and you want to make a title for it.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Tell DOT that you made the trailer your self and you want to make a title for it.
It weights less than 2,000 lbs. , so state of Florida says , no title necessary, but registration is. The problem is that where it and it's current owner reside, Oklahoma, there is no registration/tagging or titling of boat trailers AT ALL. So Florida says I need a notarized bill of sale and a Manufacturers Certificate of Origin , which the current owner does not have!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:22 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miamioffshore
It weights less than 2,000 lbs. , so state of Florida says , no title necessary, but registration is. The problem is that where it and it's current owner reside, Oklahoma, there is no registration/tagging or titling of boat trailers AT ALL. So Florida says I need a notarized bill of sale and a Manufacturers Certificate of Origin , which the current owner does not have!
I have been looking for that trailer, I miss it. It was a great trailer but I am not sure it will fit your boat unless the bunks have been changed. It was originally built for the OSO Gladiator.

Give me a call, I sold the trailer though a friend who is a broker and he still might have the paperwork.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
I have been looking for that trailer, I miss it. It was a great trailer but I am not sure it will fit your boat unless the bunks have been changed. It was originally built for the OSO Gladiator.

Give me a call, I sold the trailer though a friend who is a broker and he still might have the paperwork.

Steve,

I don't know if he changed the bunks, but it fits the Cafe (good enough I hope ). Anyway, I appreciate your offer to help, I was able to push it through this morning and they gave me a tag, they weren't going to until I threatened to involve the County Commissioner ( my next door neighbor )

Thanks again,

M