General question about classifieds >

General question about classifieds

Notices

General question about classifieds

Old 03-24-2006, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: General question about classifieds

No price, no call, no sale...................next.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
No price, no call, no sale...................next.
I don't even bother with ads without price or pics.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered

This thread is very intresting, our dealership is a sponsor of oso and most of our new and used boats are in the classifieds, with no price. After reading everyones responses I think we will start pricing our used boats. New boats are a whole diffrent story. We sell Baja, Eliminator, and we just signed up with Donzi. Both Baja and Eliminator say advertising price is fine as long as it is RETAIL,(how many of you guys would call on a 30 outlaw that we had advertised at $183,000.00 or a 26 daytona at $120,000.00), everybody knows these boats sell for alot less. I just feel like if we put these high prices in our ads people will think we are crazy and not call us any way. Just thought you all would be intrested in looking at this from a diffrent view.
Thanks, Brody Thomas
Old 03-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abwatersports
This thread is very intresting, our dealership is a sponsor of oso and most of our new and used boats are in the classifieds, with no price. After reading everyones responses I think we will start pricing our used boats. New boats are a whole diffrent story. We sell Baja, Eliminator, and we just signed up with Donzi. Both Baja and Eliminator say advertising price is fine as long as it is RETAIL,(how many of you guys would call on a 30 outlaw that we had advertised at $183,000.00 or a 26 daytona at $120,000.00), everybody knows these boats sell for alot less. I just feel like if we put these high prices in our ads people will think we are crazy and not call us any way. Just thought you all would be intrested in looking at this from a diffrent view.
Thanks, Brody Thomas
Then put a reasonable asking price on it. One that will allow some negotiation, but yet allow you to make it worth your time.

As far as no price listed, I usually skip right over the ad.

Last edited by Harper220; 03-24-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I pass if there's no price. How can you not have an asking price in mind, I don't get it? It's typically a pretty big factor when browsing classifieds.

No price, NEXT...
Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

(how many of you guys would call on a 30 outlaw that we had advertised at $183,000.00 or a 26 daytona at $120,000.00), everybody knows these boats sell for alot less. I just feel like if we put these high prices in our ads people will think we are crazy and not call us any way. Just thought you all would be intrested in looking at this from a diffrent view.
Thanks, Brody Thomas
How about printing a reasonable, realistic price then. To hell with MSRP, it's a bogus number that no one pays attention to. What do you want for the boat?....that's what you print, no games.

On a side note, when I see an ad from a dealer without a price, I don't pay any attention to the ad.....far too often, a dealer will post a pic of an "example boat," that may not even exist, then they want to put you into something else that's "just like it." I like to look at and examine the particular boat that's for sale, not one that may or may not be like it.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Brody Thomas
I can understand if a Manufacturer requested you did not list an MSRP .. But again I would say that should be public knowledge. If you cant reveal a price , how can one even know if it is affordable. I say BS !
Its a sales tactic .. trolling for suckers
Old 03-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered

Thanks, Brody Thomas
As you are finding out.... when you are selling something... your view isn't as important as your customer's.

One of the most basic fundamentals of sales is that people don't buy unpriced items and they don't ask.

Sounds like this thread will have a very positive influence on your ability to move boats, and your use of OSO as a marketing medium will pay a greater dividend in sales than you had seen with unpriced inventory on display.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i want it and i think i can afford it and i'm ready to buy, then i will call...

if i'm still kicking tires, i won't bother to call.

that said, i'm still put off by no prices and agree with cig daze
Old 03-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
How about printing a reasonable, realistic price then. To hell with MSRP, it's a bogus number that no one pays attention to.
From the sound of it, the mfr won't let him advertise a real world price, only MSRP. If he wants to sell their boats, he has to play by their rules.

Who knows if the mfr really knows, wants to know, or even cares what their new boats go out the door for?

Quick Reply: General question about classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.