Notices

Why would Anyone

Old 03-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why would Anyone

Last week while in Florida I was able to stop into Hideway Marine in Pompano Beach, Florida. They had a boat for sale that caught my eye, so I decided to talk to a salesman. After making some small talk about the boat I was interested in, the salesman finally asked what type of boat do I own now.

When I told him that I owned a 2001 358 Sonic he lost interest in the sale. I asked him if he would be interested to take my boat in for a trade. He told me that he could not take my boat in on trade because the boat I was looking at was a brokered boat. That much I could understand. Then he countinued to say my boat was TOO SMALL, TOO SLOW ( 82 mph ) and not suitable for Florida waters. He continued to say that Hideaway is not interested in a boat unless it does 90 PLUS MPH.

So the question IS, If you are looking to purchase a new boat that is going to have a 6 figure asking price,why would you ever want to deal with a dealer, who consider's your current boat as a PIECE of S--T?
Old 03-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Why would Anyone

That wasnt very nice of them

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like this salesman started at the top and is working his way down. I would have told him I wanted to speak to the owner, because unless your smart enough to own this place, your too dumb to help me
Old 03-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

was it a young guy, like 25-30

Wild
Old 03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Drag n ass, call me.........866-412-2628.....Marc
Old 03-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered

Wonder what he personally owns????
Old 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
was it a young guy, like 25-30

Wild
we are on the same page
Old 03-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Registered

some dealers only like to deal with higher end stuff. they may have limited room. Im not surprised they didnt take it on trade personally, but should have helped find someway to work ou a deal. Check out aqua toy store and fastboats.com in that area also. they may be more helpful, both offered me good trade in value on my "slow" 70 mph boat.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
some dealers only like to deal with higher end stuff. they may have limited room. Im not surprised they didnt take it on trade personally, but should have helped find someway to work ou a deal. Check out aqua toy store and fastboats.com in that area also. they may be more helpful, both offered me good trade in value on my "slow" 70 mph boat.
I hear what your saying but I think the point is the lack of tact (experience) of this salesman.

He could have said, "we dont want to take your boat on trade because it does not fit our target customers needs"

However he chose to say(insult a prospective customer), your boats "too small, not fast enough and not suitable for south Florida waters"
Kinda makes him sound a bit arrogant and uninformed to say the least.
Using his logic Sonic should close their doors because they are building the wrong boats for their market.

It wouldnt surprise me if he didnt have many contacts to be creative about the deal.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered

I do agree that some dealers only like to deal with certain brands and models but, my Sonic sure would look nice next too all the Baja's and 28' Sunsations.

I was not trying to ask for a trade in on a 21' Bayliner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.