Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where should I list my boat??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125658-where-should-i-list-my-boat.html)

gotime34 03-23-2006 06:03 PM

Where should I list my boat???

Its getting warm soon, the boat needs to sell. Where should I list it, other than OSO? Has anyone had success with boattrader?? BTW, OSO definately has the best price on listing...the first site I checked was $100 for one month, compared to $30 for 3 months here, and all the pictures you want...ya can't beat that. I have had enough BS calls, the boat needs to sell. I am thinking if I get enough exposure, someone will actually come and look at it at least. I can't understand why people call, ask 101 questions, which I don't mind asnwering at all, but then I answer them all, and never hear from them again. Why call and ask? Are these people interested or just bored? :D :D I would just leave it on here until the right person comes along, but I have to sell the boat, the new one is here. Any tips, hints, suggestions?

xhere 03-23-2006 07:00 PM

Re: Where should I list my boat???

I have sold two boats on boattrader.com both were in the 70k range...Best results come from accurate information and good pictures and honest disclosures....

OldSchool 03-23-2006 07:03 PM

I've had good luck here on OSO. Sold my last 2 boats through the OSO classifieds.

f311fr1 03-23-2006 07:17 PM

I have sold boats on OSO and boattrader both. Joe Murray

Magic Medicine 03-23-2006 07:38 PM

Either place sounds good to me.

carrboy 03-23-2006 07:42 PM

I don't have any suggestions but know what you mean about people calling & asking 100 questions & never calling back.What's up w/all the questions???Do they not know anything about boats???I mean they have to have some clue before they call...if the boat is in e.c. & the ad is detailed well (like mine)then why so many calls w/ no follow up or inspection??? I think you hit the nail on the head...BORED!!! Oh, wait...that's why I'm writing right now...oh no I'm turning into one of them...it's contagious!!!

VeeCat 03-23-2006 08:24 PM

GoTime,
The reason you list your boat with a broker is for them to answer the 100 call and answer the 101 questions, For that service you pay him 10% and he pays the advertising and puts it in ALL the right places. A good broker will actually sell the boat!
VeeCat

BLee 03-23-2006 09:04 PM

I'd defintely put it on boat trader. Alot of people look there.

JCPERF 03-23-2006 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
I'd defintely put it on boat trader. Alot of people look there.

List it with Beav boats :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: Only kidding :D

Byrdman 03-23-2006 09:24 PM

Most brokers are nothing more than thieving liars who do not preform there jobs when called to do so....many leads are destroyed this way......these days you can not afford to lose one single lead....bottom line do it yourself....advertise yourself....