Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Attention Top Gun Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125699-attention-top-gun-owners.html)

waterheater 03-24-2006 07:08 AM

Attention Top Gun Owners

Where would i mount my Garmin 182C? Or should i go with a handheld with the card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shopper Rating: Not reviewed
Reviews: Read/Write

Email this product to a friend

GARMIN
GPSMAP 60Cx & 60CSx Color Mapping Handheld GPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade to the brilliant color GPSMAP 60Cx to get unlimited memory options with all the map detail you will ever need stored on microSD cards! Not only does the 60Cx come with a 6MB microSD card to upload all the maps you're likely to need, but you can expand that memory by buying additional cards or cards with more memory. You'll see maps in 256 vivid colors, day or night, on the screen of the 60Cx. Plus, it can automatically create routes with turn-by-turn directions to guide you to your destination when you download routable maps to the included microSD card. When on the water, it’s equally at home with rugged waterproof construction, a quad-helix antenna and rubberized sides for a secure grip. The new highly sensitive SiRF® receiver has exceptional signal lock, even in areas with tree cover and tall buildings. Outdoor enthusiasts will also appreciate the hunting and fishing times calculator. And if your passion is geocaching, the 60Cx even has a dedicated geocaching mode to make it an ideal companion on t his high-tech treasure hunt.

Display Type: 256-color TFT
Screen Size: 1.5"W x 2.2"H
Screen Resolution: 160 x 240
Display Mode: Mapping, Geocaching, Hunt/Fish times
Data Input: 9 keys plus rocker key
Cartography: Expandable, from MapSource CDs
Antenna: Quad helix
Receiver Type: High-sensitivity SiRF
Battery Type: Two AA
Battery Life: Up to 30 hours
Dimensions: 2.4"W x 7.1"H x 1.3"D
Weight: 5.4oz.
Waterproof: Manufacturer rated IPX 7 submersible
Interface Inputs/Outputs: USB, RS232 with NMEA 0183

003_093_002_506

birdog 03-24-2006 07:31 AM

Re: Attention Top Gun Owners

1 Attachment(s)
I am going to do this...with a 492c

waterheater 03-24-2006 07:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That looks great birdog, but my compass takes up that area. The dash will be redone at some point, but for now that area is too tight

OldSchool 03-24-2006 07:41 AM

You don't need no stinkin' compass!!!! :D :evilb: :D :evilb:

jmackin 03-24-2006 07:45 AM

I mounted a 276c next to steering wheel on the swivel base. Work well and didnt clutter dash on my last TG

dreamer 03-24-2006 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by birdog
I am going to do this...with a 492c

me too

Audiofn 03-24-2006 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ya just use one of these!!!! :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

drypipetiger 03-24-2006 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pete,

Do like birdog's pic... Take that compas out and put this 2006c in its place. This 2006c is the one I just bought and Bob is installing...

thedonz 03-24-2006 07:50 AM

i would put right above the cabin door, easy for you to read an co pilot

jr mike

waterheater 03-24-2006 07:51 AM

Thought of that already, LMAO. jmackin, have any pics?