SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a good link http://www.boatslips4sale.com/boatsl...racks_faqs.htm

I was a little in the dark on this subject
Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny, I was just talking to somone about the slip situation, and mentioned that my friends are saying I was a dumbarse for not buying that slip I was looking at in Cocoplum Yacht Club a few years ago for 40k..

Here's todays prices
Old 10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you own a small motor yacht and cruise to other locations. Slip ownership along with yacht club type membership. Is a pretty good deal. My parents club: "list of reciprocal clubs give access to private facilities throughout Canada and around the world. Accommodations at competitive rates are available in some reciprocal Clubs, including New York, Chicago, Boston, Washington, San Francisco, London (England)."

Parents don't have a slip, just the membership. Most of these slips come with onshore club type facilities. Your 80 or so MY becomes a moving condo. The real advantage just like my parents yacht club membership, you can use other places facilities. Can also see how a sport boater does not have the same appeal.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

The link above gave some good info for sure. Are the property taxes on these as high as they are on all forms of real estate in FL?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
The marina That I have my lift at is talking about going condo in a couple years.Who owns there own slip on here?.Can you write it off like a vacation home?Thanks
Prices are not as high in NJ as in Florida,I currently have my lift in a 30 ft slip told him I might be interested but I want a 40 ft slip so if I get the 38 Lightning I don't have to move my lift.He is talking 60-80 k might do it if it happens.Would cost me 50k for a dually to tow the 38 and I am spoiled with a lift.You will use the boat even if you just have 20 mins.Thanks for all the replies
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Geesh....I'll just stick to my $200 per month slip rental that includes, Water, Garbage, Cable, Wireless and 50 amp! Not to mention the 100 feet of maintained lawn in front of my dock. You fella's have fun in FLA!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I have a good friend looking into this dock-o-minium investment thingy... what he doesn't understand, nor has gotten a straight answer for, is when you buy a slip for $300,000 and then you MUST pay a monthly maintenance fee?? fee for what?? the manatee's to clean your pilings?? nobody seem's to be able to answer that one... also, if your buying the bay bottom beneath the slip, do you do it on high tide?? or low tide? are there property taxes assessed on the bay bottom?? if you have a 40' slip and a 46' boat, who's property are you encroaching on, if it sticks out?

JH
The monthly maintenence fee would cover Taxes, Insurance, Maintenence, Salaries for the employees, etc. This fee normally starts out on the low side. You can expect increases every year. That being said, I know of a dockominium in south Florida that has doubled in price in 4 years!

Last edited by FormulaFan; 10-24-2007 at 02:01 PM.