Like Tree0Likes

Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

Old 04-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: not shopping
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

Sorry got on the phone.....

Once a dealer figures out what used machines sell in their area, with the net pricing becomes even more important. Gone are the days that you could find bargains out of state and bring them back for huge profits! Dealers also have the stigma that they make huge mark-ups and private sellers do not!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: 46 turbined Skater

Listed on the right are the# of posts from each owners forum.

FOR SALE ...... # of posts owners forum
Fountain (160)..... 18,000
Cigarette (110)..... 21,134
Baja (72) ..... 21,545
Skater (56) ..... 1,970
Donzi (50) ..... 1,711
Formula (44) ..... 19,623
Hustler (44) ..... 1,351
Outerlimits (38)..... 1,347
Eliminator (37) ..... 1,756
Spectre (37) ..... 974
Scarab (36) ..... 4,374
Nortech (36) ..... 1,369
Sonic (32) ..... 6,597
Old 04-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Registered

My Boats: '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch

Other than Baja it is likely that Fountain produces more boats in a given year than the others , therefore a more active used market with more used available.

Speaking as one , Fountain owners seem to be constantly looking to move to the next one. Much , I assume , like the Cig guys who hold the # 2 spot. Both companies are constantly working to build a better mouse trap , new models , different paint looks , and agressive marketing to make us want that " Next " one.

Cigarette , like Fountain , is a long established builder , based on years in the deal there are a lot of them out there. If you look close you will find a big spread of models and years on both.

My take on the Outerlimits / Skater deal would be -- in that the buyers of those hi-end customs have the dollars to change around at will , they do just that. Who wouldn't love to be able to try something different each season. God bless'em !!! What would the magazines have to feature for the rest of us were it not for these guys and their dream machines.

The post numbers puzzles me. Maybe we Fountain guys are spending too much time looking for that next one , or working too much to get enough money to make it happen. I think I've holding up my end the last few days , Damn I need to get the boat in the water and shut down this Puter !

To end this --- Few , if any of we performance boaters are too concerned with fuel consumption. The better builders have not had real bad years lately --- check out Fountains financials , sales up , profitable , order back log larger than any time in history of the company. To be fair , I would expect the same of some of the others as well. Call OL , Cig or Skater to see how long you will wait for one of their boats. A quality product is most always in demand. My parting comment --- in this Puter oriented world it has become easier for all of us to find what we are looking for --- maybe that makes forums like this a real target market , mend in a good way , for all us boat flippers !!!
Old 04-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Registered

My Boats: 24 OUTLAW

Im kind of surprised Scarab isnt higher on that list. How long have they been around?

Roughly how many boats are Fountain putting out a year?