Like Tree0Likes

Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

Reply
Old 04-01-2006, 09:00 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
The Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida
My Boats: 46 turbined Skater
Posts: 3,029
Default Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

There are currently 1104 boats for sale on OSO Classifieds.

Cigarette and Fountain combined are 24.5% of the total boats for sale.

The top 5 total a whopping 40.6%

Fountain (160)
Cigarette (110)
Baja (72)
Skater (56)
Donzi (50)
Formula (44)
Hustler (44)
Outerlimits (38)
Eliminator (37)
Spectre (37)
Scarab (36)
Nortech (36)
Sonic (32)
The Menace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:11 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Jigsaw89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,007
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

It seems you answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresscat39
Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

There are currently 1104 boats for sale on OSO Classifieds.

Cigarette and Fountain combined are 24.5% of the total boats for sale.

The top 5 total a whopping 40.6%

Fountain (160)
Cigarette (110)
Baja (72)
Skater (56)
Donzi (50)
Formula (44)
Hustler (44)
Outerlimits (38)
Eliminator (37)
Spectre (37)
Scarab (36)
Nortech (36)
Sonic (32)
Jigsaw89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:18 PM
  #3
Charter Member #34
Charter Member
 
Dock Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 7,151
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

I guess the one that surprises me the most is Skater.

56 is a pretty high number.

With fuel prices your totals will probably grow!
Dock Holiday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:03 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Brad Zastrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: McHenry, Illinois
Posts: 2,244
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

I do not think anyone buying a Skater is too concerned about gas prices.
Brad Zastrow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:36 AM
  #5
Registered
 
dave911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: SoCal
My Boats: SOLD! 1991 Sutphen 26' Rum Runner
Posts: 883
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresscat39
Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?
Yes. Eventually.
dave911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 AM
  #6
Registered
 
32storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
My Boats: Boatless....
Posts: 589
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

also seems like a high number of Outerlimits for sale in relationship to number actually built over the years. IE: 36 scarabs vs 38 Outerlimits. Must be everyone looking for bigger, newer, faster.
32storm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:44 AM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
The Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida
My Boats: 46 turbined Skater
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32storm
also seems like a high number of Outerlimits for sale in relationship to number actually built over the years. IE: 36 scarabs vs 38 Outerlimits. Must be everyone looking for bigger, newer, faster.
What would be nice to know, especially for those who are contemplating future purchases, are the reasons for selling. Would be an excellent poll or thread.
The Menace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:28 PM
  #8
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WA
My Boats: not shopping
Posts: 2,430
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresscat39
What would be nice to know, especially for those who are contemplating future purchases, are the reasons for selling. Would be an excellent poll or thread.
That would be a good poll.......

If we look at other classified sources however the top numbers here are alot less elseware. ie boat trader. My conclusion is in the OSO world Cigs and Fountains are the most popular boats on this site; hence why this site is number one in classifieds to find what is forsale for those boats tops on the list.
Zudnic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:38 PM
  #9
Registered
 
GOODT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: KENT ISLAND, MARYLAND
Posts: 2,675
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

what would be a good question is how many are new and used from dealers compared to from the general public, dealers didnt have a great year last year for performance boats... at least in my area


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zudnic
That would be a good poll.......

If we look at other classified sources however the top numbers here are alot less elseware. ie boat trader. My conclusion is in the OSO world Cigs and Fountains are the most popular boats on this site; hence why this site is number one in classifieds to find what is forsale for those boats tops on the list.
GOODT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:04 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WA
My Boats: not shopping
Posts: 2,430
Default Re: Are the most popular boats also the most for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOODT
what would be a good question is how many are new and used from dealers compared to from the general public, dealers didnt have a great year last year for performance boats... at least in my area
My current venture has taken more capital of mine than I anticipated. So my other project was put on the back burner and that was/is; along with my Brother we are slowly starting a Porsche only pre-owned sales and parts business. If the P-cars are a success, we might add Ferrari into the mix and have considered going into boats.

For specialty luxury cars the market I last practiced this type of venture, our area added federal tax to dealer used sales, private sellers however avoided having this added expense. The buyers mostly started going private sale you saved 7% over buying from a dealer, made the market tough. Teaches you fast that to survive you really have to pick your inventory in order to make a doller! Specialize in one or two brands is the other thing you learn when in that kind of market.......

Last edited by Zudnic; 04-02-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Zudnic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Tonto
General Boating Discussion
8
05-13-2009 10:01 PM
CrazyBoatTower
Super Boat International
2
12-31-2006 01:47 PM
CrazyBoatTower
General Racing Discussion
0
12-29-2006 10:12 AM
MERCMAN
General Boating Discussion
0
07-08-2003 06:30 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.