Alabama Boat Ban Bill-WE LOST! >

Alabama Boat Ban Bill-WE LOST!

Notices

Alabama Boat Ban Bill-WE LOST!

Old 04-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Alabama Boat Ban Bill-WE LOST!

I put my phone call /email in today! This bill is a joke! You can bet I will have my boat on Lake Martin this summer! So what if I get a ticket...big deal!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE= BTW,Tesheer,the bill was pushed heavily by our old friends,Russell Lands ,willing to give up their large SeaRay sales for this bill. What twisted logic. [/QUOTE]

Something tells me they already have a check in their hand that will cover their SeaRay sales. The power of the all mighty dollar.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I appoligize for deleting some comments,please don't call me Klaatu Only kidding I just got advice that we need to play our cards close to our vest. Tho the bill has passed both the house and the senate,it still has to be signed by the govenor, That probrably will happen,but there are other issues out there. We may still go down in flames,but at least we will have tried. I will keep OSO posted as I can.Politics is a nasty game,I really had no idea how nasty until I got into this.Can't say any more now.Thanks for the support,we are all in this together,no matter where you boat.Peace,Robert
Old 04-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
I appoligize for deleting some comments,please don't call me Klaatu Only kidding I just got advice that we need to play our cards close to our vest. Tho the bill has passed both the house and the senate,it still has to be signed by the govenor, That probrably will happen,but there are other issues out there. We may still go down in flames,but at least we will have tried. I will keep OSO posted as I can.Politics is a nasty game,I really had no idea how nasty until I got into this.Can't say any more now.Thanks for the support,we are all in this together,no matter where you boat.Peace,Robert

Robert, truer words have never been spoken.

Politics is the most two faced, lying, backstabbing, bullchit, sacrifice everything and all for the almight dollar entity that exists in our society today.

What we need to do is borrow France's guiotine (spelling?), take 50% of the politicans and lop off their heads on prime time TV, and then maybe the remaining 50% would pull their heads out of the developer's azzes......
Old 04-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Registered

I don't boat there and this PISSES ME OFF! Without giving away our happy forum for the senate to lurk, we need to sign a petition against this. I feel confident that a good percentage of the 25,000 + members on these boards will sign it. How do we do that?

What if you set up an email account, post it here and let people send an email so you can print them off and take to the Gov. That would be a lot of paper and you would have to print then delete them every day.

Any other ideas?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

25,000 Signatures can pull a lot of weight. Lets do it!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Magicfloat, go here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html

This is proabably the most recognized petition site out there.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Registered

Local Newspaper article

Very interesting Editorial --by the newspaper that covered the Boat Ban bill
Old 04-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Registered

There needs to be a formation of a national group that represents the intrests of performance boaters. Lake Winnipesaukee and Alabama are just the start of the push to eliminate hi-performance boats.

perhaps we should structure it along the lines of NHRBA?

Woodsy
Old 04-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Has anyone contacted Boat-U.S.?
640,000 members, with a huge resource pool for fighting senseless legislation against boaters. http://www.boatus.com/gov/about.htm

They may be able to help. Afterall, this isn't only about performance boats, it's about cruisers, pontoons, houseboats, etc. over 30'

Quick Reply: Alabama Boat Ban Bill-WE LOST!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.