Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSS Toronto - Where to stay? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126895-oss-toronto-where-stay.html)

inbetween 04-06-2006 10:30 PM

OSS Toronto - Where to stay?

Any recommendations on a hotel in Toronto near the race site? Holiday Inn on King?

ToTheMax 04-06-2006 10:41 PM

Re: OSS Toronto - Where to stay?

OSS has a 15% discount at any Choice hotel for an event. I got a card from the OSS display at the Toronto show in January, just go to their website choicesportstravel.com or call 877.240.2929

Zudnic 04-07-2006 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by inbetween
Any recommendations on a hotel in Toronto near the race site? Holiday Inn on King?

Depends on how much you wish to spend?

If it was me either the Sheraton near Eatons Center mall and subway it to the site. Renaissance Hotel would be another choice, Holiday Inn on King is not the nicest of area's.... The Westin Harbor Castle might be the best bet I think.

Should not have broken up with my X-girlfriend cause her sister is head of reservations at the Four Season's and I used to be able to get crazy rates..... :D

Prater 04-07-2006 12:09 PM

I stayed here just a few months ago. it was a really nice place, but parking is limited.

CN030; Comfort Suites City Centr; TORONTO

Bam Bam 04-07-2006 02:55 PM

There are many hotels. Since the race is out of Ontario Place, you are going to have to take a taxi or drive to the race location because there are no hotels on or within walking distance of the site.

Most of the hotels close by are pricey (around $200/night CDN) but all of these are relatively close:

The Renaissance Hotel (connected to the Blue Jays stadium)
The Westin Harbour Castle
Soho Metropolitan Hotel
InterContinental Toronto Centre

rockstrmkr 04-07-2006 02:59 PM

Don't know if it's close, but I always liked the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto.

Bam Bam 04-07-2006 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Don't know if it's close, but I always liked the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto.

It is another 15 mins by car/taxi then the others, but a very nice hotel.

floatingphil 05-16-2006 01:23 PM

I just booked a slip for the weekend at Port Credit Village. Anyone else thinking about taking in some of the action by boat.

Single With Twins 05-16-2006 02:30 PM

All the places said in previous threads will do just fine and are within reason for distance from Ontario Place. I have booked a slip for the weekend right at Ontario place. i have a 35 fountain and will be with another 38 fountain sport cruiser and a 47 fountain we are all side by side, come say hi for sure!

Jay

GLH 05-16-2006 02:36 PM

Use to be a fun bar downtown called "The Loose Moose" years ago ... that was a blast...

I seem to recall also an Urban Ballet company by the airport named the "Landing Strip"...

That's all I can remember... hope this helps.