Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO brothers HELP us fight the Alabama boat ban! >

OSO brothers HELP us fight the Alabama boat ban!

Notices

OSO brothers HELP us fight the Alabama boat ban!

Old 04-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OSO brothers HELP us fight the Alabama boat ban!

Everybody help by emailing our Governor about bill HB756 which will ban many popular boats! Your state could be next!

http://www.governor.state.al.us/cont...tact_form.aspx
Old 04-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OSO brothers HELP us fight the Alabama boat ban!

Done
Old 04-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your support! Everyone please post here if you have emailed the GOV.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a drop down box that asks what issue it's concerning. Would it be transportation, saftey or??? Do we use our real "Out of state" addresses? Thank you
Old 04-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

Just sent this email, good luck with your fight!

What is the boat ban trying to accomplish? Are there alterior motives by passing this new law? All that I can see happening is decreasing new and used boat sales, decreasing tourism. By passing this bill, boat dealers are going to lose the revenue generated by boats sales and service. What is this going to do to their business? The state is going to miss a huge amount of outstate revenue that is generated by boats that are over 30 ft or over that can no longer boat on Alabama lakes. The State of Alabama is also going to lose tax revenue that is generated by larger boats sales. People might hold onto their disposable income instead of buying a boat. How does holding onto your money help to stimulate the economy? As one can see their are many reason not to pass this redicilous bill! I havn't even hit the tip of the iceberg.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Steve_H

im not much of a letter writer so i borrowed some comments from another thread. Good luck.

"HB756

What ever happened to "By the People, For the People"
I'm not a voter in your state, but I am a tourist with money to spend. If you allow this bill to pass, I wont be visiting your state and I'm sure many others wont be either. This bill smells of greasing the palms of polititions so Alabama Power and a couple of wealthy land developers can build a couple of expensive developments for the rich. Do the right thing govenor. Protect the interest of the masses, not the few."

Old 04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Done!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea Lee. I've sent the Govenor my regards.

I am not a resident of Alabama, but my family and thousands of others help fuel your economy with annual vacations to your state. If you allow the passage of HB 756, I trust you will accept responsibility for the lost revenue from tourism as well as boat sales in your state.

HB 756 smacks of impropriety and old time southern politics. People both in and out of the state of Alabama see this bill for what it is. It's sole purpose is the protection of special interest groups . Namely Alabama Power and large developers. This bill is designed to increase the fortunes of these special interest groups while disregarding the rights and wishes of thousands of individuals.

It's not to late for you to do the right thing. Please DO NOT sign this bill and return my confidence in the government of Alabama. Millions of tourist dollars are weighing in the balance.

Regards,
Fred Cecil

Last edited by TRICK; 04-08-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Sent him one last week and one yesterday. Thanks for the support guys.Gov Riley is a good man,he is up for re-election this year. My Senator and the head of the Marine Police are going to contact him Monday. The bill is unenforcable according to them.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

One thing to remember,keep your message nice,and very civil. No threats or strong languange. Appeal to his sense of reason and fairness. Bob Riley is very intelligent,unlike some of the steryotypes of Alabama politicians. He is also smart enough,in a huge re-election campaign,to know it's better to look out for the public rather than the special interest groups. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: OSO brothers HELP us fight the Alabama boat ban!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.