My apartment building is on fire.

Notices

My apartment building is on fire.

Old 02-02-2002, 05:09 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p.s.
Paul, be safe and if you couldn't tell when you called us, yes we are drunk!
Old 02-02-2002, 05:31 PM
Registered

damn dude thought i was having a bad day. Stay safe and dont give up on the girl next door thing, it might be something she has to do for you cause your were there in her time of need
Old 02-02-2002, 06:13 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

lol now that is some postwhoring dedication. His biulding was burning and death smoke was filling the halls and he still kept on typing!!!!

Miller. I hope you got out OK. Good luck with your neighbor
Old 02-02-2002, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Red face

Miller, I hope everything turns out OK!

You are something else posting away while your house is toasting

Keep cool, Kurt.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Miller is awful quite. Maybe she invited him over to give her some...protection. And maybe he brought some .... protection....
Old 02-02-2002, 07:14 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey man be safe. Hope you get lucky tonight You need it. Of course DJD would think of spanktravision at a time like this
Old 02-02-2002, 08:04 PM
SunseekerNY

Dear Paul:

If you need a place to stay, I'm right across the river, and I will be out of town most of February.

No wild parties, and stay out of my lingerie.

Old 02-02-2002, 08:19 PM
Intolerant1

Dont believe them when they tell you its controlled. Get out when its safe and spend the night somwhere else. Hope you had renters insurance, may cover hotel stay and smoke damage etc. I vote he gets a free OSO shirt. Be safe and good luck.

Chris

Old 02-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well, at least we know if we got word a nuke bomb was heading for us, Miller would go to the boat and go for one last ride If he's on OSO during a time like this.

Take care of yourself, and your friend.

Is there some "I lost a lung because of OSO" award? The Squad 51 award?
Old 02-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Registered

And we're back on the air callers!

Okay. Here's the deal. Fire knocked out most of the 6th-8th floors and the reason no fire alarms alerted me of my neighbors is that the fire started in an area where it burned through the alarm wiring first before it got big enough to be noticeable. Some people were "revived on scene and transported for assessment and treatement". I think that means some people had a worse day than I. I heard that no one died, so that's a good thing.

I was eventually allowed to wlk down 34 floors around 5:30. The fire had started around 1:30pm. So, it made for any interesting 4 hours or so.

My apartment is not that bad. Smells like a barbecue pit. I've always enjoyed grilled food, though I don't enjoy being the entry! I'm cleaning the apartment now as I was just let back in. Already contacted my insurance company and they'll send a proper crew to clean and wash everything, but I want to air the place out and get rid of as much smoke/soot as possible. I have several offers for places to stay and could spend the night at a hotel (it is covered by insurance) but I think the apartment will be fine. The bedroom (where I was forced to hang out the window to breath for several hours) is less soot filled than anywhere else and should be habitable shortly. I like sleeping in my own bed so that's my preference.

As for the girl next door, well her FIANCE was waiting for her when she got downstairs. She immediately forget that I, not he was here to comfort her. This should serve as a lesson, that unless you look like DJD, the girl won't leave her man for you. I guess I should have, um, pursued something during the 'heat of the moment'!

Anyway, I'm back to cleaning the place. Talk to you later.

Almost forgot, had an exchange via email with my friend in special operations who is deployed against al quaeda somewhere. Went like this:

Friend: Miller I'm getting off a 24 hours op. Really tired but 3 explosions just went off near me. I should probably find out why before I rack out. Figures it would happen when I get relieved and am due for some email/sleep time.

Miller: Well, I'm trapped in a burning building. At least I got 400 channels (with nothing on) of cable and a cute, hysterical girl next door. Maybe we can speak later this week.

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: Miller ]

Quick Reply: My apartment building is on fire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.