Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
You Audio Guy's Sell JL Audio e1400DM? >

You Audio Guy's Sell JL Audio e1400DM?

Notices

You Audio Guy's Sell JL Audio e1400DM?

Old 04-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You Audio Guy's Sell JL Audio e1400DM?

Any of our forum members with audio shops sell JL Audio equipment? I'm interested in the JL Audio e1400DM Marine Amplifier but don't want to pay anywhere near retail. Googled it and everybody on-line shows retail pricing.

Email me a price quote if you don't want to post price in this public forum.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered

Default Re: You Audio Guy's Sell JL Audio e1400DM?

JL doesn't allow its authorized dealers to sell online. They want everyone who buys JL to be able to experience JL before they buy. Also if you don't buy from an auth. retailer you don't get a warranty.

With that said try ...

www.ebay.com
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/

-Kyle
Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact Jim at 623-693-0470 for all your JL Audio equipment, He treated us GREAT here in Richmond and will get you the stuff reallty quick. Great guy, wont buy my stuff from anyone else. Tell him I gave you his number.

James
Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Originally Posted by excursion
Contact Jim at 623-693-0470 for all your JL Audio equipment, He treated us GREAT here in Richmond and will get you the stuff reallty quick. Great guy, wont buy my stuff from anyone else. Tell him I gave you his number.

James
I second that!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by excursion

James
Thanks,
Did you finally get your stereo all finished??? How did it turn out???? We need details and picks....

Jim.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered

Thanks guy's
I went the eBay route. $219
Old 04-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IM4A2Z
Thanks guy's
I went the eBay route. $219
Nice, no warranty. I know it's like only 219 but to spend money you may have worked hard for to get no warranty makes no sense. Legit dealers will work off list if you ask and are doing the install. I being an electronics dealer just can't see why peeps would do this knowing they have no recourse on defects. JL and a lot of others have "no internet sales" to protect you the consumer as well as the dealers , not just to pump up the price.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, got I all in!!! I am not one for buying stuff over the mail,but dealing and talking with you was GREAT!!! will always contact you for whatever I need.

The stereo turned out LOUD!!!!!!! and clear.... will post some pics of the install soon. Just got my computer working good again. Thanks again for all your help.

James
Old 04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hunster
Nice, no warranty. I know it's like only 219 but to spend money you may have worked hard for to get no warranty makes no sense. Legit dealers will work off list if you ask and are doing the install. I being an electronics dealer just can't see why peeps would do this knowing they have no recourse on defects. JL and a lot of others have "no internet sales" to protect you the consumer as well as the dealers , not just to pump up the price.
I've been on both sides of the fence ...

As a dealer (not JL, other similar) people are only willing to pay a certain premium for "buying from an authorized dealer." I think the internet has a lot to do with it. Before Google if something broke your only recourse was to call the MFG. or the place you bought it from. Now I am sure Googling "My 10W7s sound like ass" will bring plenty of results that the normal schmo can figure it out with us (dealers).

As a consumer, some of the shops and MFGs are so difficult to deal with that paying that premium to "buy authorized" doesn't get you much more than a bigger headache if something goes wrong. If it is relatively cheap and broken I often go with a new model before trying to fix an old model and deal with the BS RMA process most MFGs use.

It is a big problem for shops making the investment to become authorized dealers and do things right. Their margins are flying out the window to fly-by-night internet/eBay shops.

-Kyle
Old 04-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Registered

KSWEST: You make a very valid point.

I will add;

Most Warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. Every Mfg wants to brag on their warranties and then when you need to use it most are full of excuses or blame you the "Do-It Yourself" by default.

That being said Thats why I buy high quality equipment off the Internet at 35-50% off retail prices. If I get burned in 1 out of 10, thats probably on the high side of average, purchases by a broken unit then I'm still money ahead.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking retail outfit's. I do buy from brick and mortar shops that I have spent time talking with and benefited from their knowledge. I don't mind paying a little more for a product to support the store.

In this day and age where there is a wealth of information available to anybody on just about everything you can think of. If I've done all my own research and will be doing all my own work then bottom line I want the best price at the end of the day period.

Quick Reply: You Audio Guy's Sell JL Audio e1400DM?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.