Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need a surveyor in the Maryland area (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127151-need-surveyor-maryland-area.html)

Semper Fi 04-10-2006 01:30 PM

Need a surveyor in the Maryland area

Please give me a credible surveyor in the Chester, Maryland area. I do know one guy, but he is too high in price.

OldSchool 04-10-2006 05:08 PM

Re: Need a surveyor in the Maryland area

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Please give me a credible surveyor in the Chester, Maryland area. I do know one guy, but he is too high in price.

What is too high in price? With surveys...and many other things...you usually get what you pay for! Don't be a Cheapazz. :rolleyes:

I recommend a guy named Ron Petrick, do a search on him here for his #. He charges $18/foot.

Semper Fi 04-10-2006 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
What is too high in price? With surveys...and many other things...you usually get what you pay for! Don't be a Cheapazz. :rolleyes:

I recommend a guy named Ron Petrick, do a search on him here for his #. He charges $18/foot.

Expensive is $550.00 this doesn't include anything to do with the motors! Last time the guy charged me $400.00, without checking out the motors.

Semper Fi 04-10-2006 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
What size boat?

33' PP

Sydwayz 04-10-2006 05:59 PM

I used a company called:

Randy Ren
Marine Forensic Technicians
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 280-6166

...back in 2001. HP boats were not really his fortay back then, not sure about now; and he did nothing with the engine. I had www.offshore-performance.com run a leak down and compression test at the time of survey and paid for the labor separately. That's about all the info I can share. He did not have a moisture meter.

Personally, I would not use them again as I can assess everything he did on my own.

Semper Fi 04-10-2006 06:07 PM

Thanks for the info. I just think 18' per foot ($594.00) is ALOT of money for 4 hrs of work, especially when you have to pay another $300.00+ for a mech to checkout the motors

GOODT 04-10-2006 06:28 PM

JOHN PEPE Great guy knows his sh*t works the eastern shore saw him the other day at bay bridge

410-226- 0208
tell him joe from ki performance told you to call and he should give you a break

Sydwayz 04-10-2006 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by GOODT
JOHN PEPE Great guy knows his sh*t works the eastern shore saw him the other day at bay bridge

410-226- 0208
tell him joe from ki performance told you to call and he should give you a break

Joe (GOODT) would be a great person to go over the mechanicals too; and he is mobile.

Semper Fi 04-10-2006 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Joe (GOODT) would be a great person to go over the mechanicals too; and he is mobile.

MY APOLOGIES TO GOODT-- He was not the guy that I was talking about. Jay, a former mechanic at OP that now has his own shop IS the guy.

Sorry Joe!

OldSchool 04-10-2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I do believe that GOODT (Joe) is the guy that checked out the motors on my last boat. NEVER called me back, never sent me the report--:mad:

Did they run good for ya????