Notices

Konrad Conversion 1 of 2!

Old 04-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Konrad Conversion 1 of 2!

Mike,
Konrad rates the drives 738 lb. ft. of torque,but may give approval with higher torque. I think if you bump the engines to 900hp you will be to high for these. Talk to Konrad Marine or Mindi @ Doller Offshore.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Registered

Right now I'm at 765 lbs torque at 3500 rpm

Thanks again for the info..
Old 04-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is that your peak torque? If it is your rpm's seem too low.I could see peak torque in the 4500+rpm range.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered

I dont have the dyno sheets in front of me, I think they are at my house in FL........I know torque was 765 and hp was 797 on one engine and 798 on
the other. I thought it was 3500 but I could be wrong.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:08 AM
Mindi

todays pic, last drive going on, getting ready to run!
Attached Thumbnails Konrad Conversion 1 of 2!-s4010105oso4.gif  
Old 04-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Konrad Conversion 1 of 2!

Congratulations Mindy on a job well done! Looks awesome! Congratulations also to NJSonic he will be very happy with those drives. We feel the same about the Konrad's. We just got a program set up with Konrad to package their ACE system with our new HO750 motor package. Keep up the great work and we'll talk some more soon!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-13-2006, 10:28 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Congratulations Mindy on a job well done! Looks awesome! Congratulations also to NJSonic he will be very happy with those drives. We feel the same about the Konrad's. We just got a program set up with Konrad to package their ACE system with our new HO750 motor package. Keep up the great work and we'll talk some more soon!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Now that sounds like THE package to have!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by talon25
Lofty

How did that conversion work out on that pantera . does the boat handle the same ? what kind of power is it running ? what speeds , prop ? I have a new pantera being built and almost went for a konrad but just don't know enough about them are how it would work on a Pantera .
Thanks Morgan
I'm curious too, Lofty. My 24 Pantera is going to need a drive someday when I smoke the TRS. Please comment on the outcome. thanks!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talon25/Shawna,
The Pantera is running 700hp 540cid and de-tuned to a lower hp (timing). Was rigged with a TRS and ran in the mid 70's with a Mirage 27 three blade.

We rebuilt with a BAM trany and the Konrad. Now spins a Bravo 31 and runs a solid 95++ GPS. It's just too loose to run any faster so we haven't tried but it has alot left over.

The boat handles great with the Konrad. The new lower has very good rudder and provides good stability at all speeds. It's a small hull and feels like such at the higher speeds.

NJSonic,
The Scarab that we are going to re-rig will be an ACE system from Bravo XR's.

Ray, I think the owner has been in touch with you on the motor package. I know that Chris Ayers (Poker Runs West) is excited about his new boat with the ACE/Raylar package going into his new boat.

Should be a good summer for Konrad owners but I can't help but remember the Maytag repairman ads. That's what it'll be like for the Konrad repairman.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:02 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
Talon25/Shawna,
The Pantera is running 700hp 540cid and de-tuned to a lower hp (timing). Was rigged with a TRS and ran in the mid 70's with a Mirage 27 three blade.

We rebuilt with a BAM trany and the Konrad. Now spins a Bravo 31 and runs a solid 95++ GPS. It's just too loose to run any faster so we haven't tried but it has alot left over.

The boat handles great with the Konrad. The new lower has very good rudder and provides good stability at all speeds. It's a small hull and feels like such at the higher speeds.
Wow, thats some increase. That TRS was sucking some power away. I had 560hp/550tq w/ a built up B1 and was running 75gps spinning a 23mir+. This just shows how efficient the Konrad is. I look forward to seeing more of these improvements over other drives.

Quick Reply: Konrad Conversion 1 of 2!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.